Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    As long as people participate in these, and I have time to put them together, they will continue ^^ It is possible that the next one will be slightly delayed, as I've just applied to photography school, and I suspect it will be busy the first weeks.

As for the blurry images, here's a quick rule of thumb: Choose a shutter speed with a denominator that is larger than the focal length of the lens. For example if you have a lens that is 50mm 1/60th is probably ok but if you have a 200mm lens you’ll probably want to shoot at around 1/250
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Marscaleb Guest
    Let me reiterate, if I were serious enough about photography to get a tripod, I would also be buying my own camera.
    As it stands it is mostly one of those things that I would like to do, but...

Here is my entry...

Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Thanks fatgav, I like the mood of it; but I liked the "it looked in focus in the viewfinder" version better. Oh well.
    Nice pic ph0ny, I didn't even think of going into the markets for a look...

Thank you. It was borough market in London.
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Marscaleb Guest
    Yeah I don't think I have any markets that look like that around here.
    Might find something interesting at a farmer's market though, but I don't think that I'm going to try to rip off your idea.

thought I would give it a bump to remind myself about the contest
    haven't been anywhere to take anything good yet
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Minor question:

It's not stated in the rules, but I think I got one or two pictures from my travels in NZ (more or less just came back), which fit the theme.

BUT I did -NOT- take them having this contest in mind though. I'm not yet sure if I find a at least somewhat worthy picture from my NZ collection, but I doubt that I have enough time right now to go and take pictures. So the question is, if I can use one of the pictures?

Dunno, if the topic of using a pre-contest-picture for the contest has been discussed yet (a quick look at the older threads didn't reveal anything ... then again I was just peaking into some).

Anyway, if it's not allowed or some participants feel like its unfair or something - thats fine and I understand. Perhaps I'm just gonna post something without being included in the vote.

Found my answer in the second photo contest. There are no limits on how old an image is. So as long as you follow the rules that are set for this one, they can be taken 15 years ago I think many of us have used images from our libraries for some of the contests.
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clone3d View Post
    Found my answer in the second photo contest. There are no limits on how old an image is. So as long as you follow the rules that are set for this one, they can be taken 15 years ago I think many of us have used images from our libraries for some of the contests.
    Dang, only had a quick peek at the last few threads. Well, thanks for the answer. Let's see if I can find a picture in my library

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast