7 35.00%
  • elevating

2 10.00%
  • bombinaCCio

4 20.00%
  • Scott M C4D

7 35.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wouldn'rt call Owl7 a member of this community, no posts, no blog, nada nowt... so I see his vote is invalid due not to being a true member of this site.
    Very disappointing, Scott. Please check your PMs. That's definitely not the way the community sees people around here!

Of course, we greatly value all members of the 3D Buzz community, regardless of how much they actually choose to interact. We appreciate anyone who chooses to take part in these contests, or any other way they may decide to be a part of this community, even if it's just by reading the forums, watching videos, and above all learning what they came here to learn.
    Last edited by Zak; 08-02-2010 at 02:33 PM.

I didn't mean any disrespect to Owl7 or anyone else who comes round and reads these forums so I'll appologise if it came across as alienating. My previous post was meant in that with no visable activity in contributing to the community on the forums. It's my personal thought in regard to forum based competitions, not just here but any other community but I probably should have kept it to myself. In no way it was meant to be detrimental to the site itself, I do appriciate the activity of my own section on this site as in the traffic it attracts from both member and non members and for which benefits everyone and this website itself. If I didn't care about this community and the users, new or old then I wouldn't be here or for as long as I have been.
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

I really like Mr. Charismas photo. I would actually love to have a bigger version (wallpaper version) cause it would be so cool. Maybe adding a little extra to it in Photoshop to make it really shine. ^_^
    Anyway, any chance you still have the original photo and like to share?

Cheers!
    Portfolio

* Dave has kicked Dobe from #3dbuzz (Dave)
    * Dobe (Dobe@A8F9D847.174C8020.329AD7F2.IP) has joined #3dbuzz
    <Dobe> Hi Dave
    <Dave> Hi
    <Dave> hows it going?

Seeing how the voting has come to a dead heat between myself and Mr Charisma and how he has not had the opportunity to choose a photo competition in all the competitions he has entered I'll let Mr Charisma choose the next photo competition topic. ( unless anyone has any objections ?? )

Thankyou to everyone who voted for my photo . I had lots of fun rolling around on the grass with my cam . I'd say it's one of the best photo's I've ever taken of natures small creatures ( even if I do say so myself)
    Last edited by Scott M C4D; 08-03-2010 at 06:16 PM.
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

Awesome! We'll wait for him to pop in and say what he wants the next theme to be! Hopefully it'll be something cool for our "anniversary" contest ^^
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Woah cool, thanks guys. I've been at a music festival for the last week and haven't had internet access.

I'll pick a theme tonight when I get home.

OK, the next topic will be:

Black and white / street photography

I really like black and white photography, but have never really set out to do any. So, this contest is my excuse. Black and white is all about light and contrast. You have to think about composition in a different way. Black and white has this ability to really convey emotion, which I find appealing. Old black and white photographs seem to have this quality about them that I can't put my finger on.

Street photography is another idea I like. It is almost a photographic documentary. The key here is the shots should be candid, with or without people, in public spaces. As with the film maker in a nature documentary, the photographer should not affect the world they are documenting. Urban environments work well, but if you live in the country you shouldn't feel limited. Just shoot what is around you.

In this contest, we will combine these two concepts into what I think is the best of two worlds: black and white street photography.

Amendments to the rules:

All submissions should be in black and white.
    Do not post the colour photo.
    No sepia/tinting.
    Black and white conversion can be done either in camera, or in Photoshop/Lightroom/whatever. (or by choosing B&W film!)
    Don't go nuts on contrast enhancement/exposure adjustment. Minor adjustments are allowed.
    Don't get arrested by taking photos of things that will make you look suspicious .

For some inspiration/ideas on what I mean, have a look at some of the black and white photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/onthestreet/

And check out this video (and ignore the Lieca propaganda )

http://vimeo.com/6497905

A photo I took while walking between my desk and my car:

Last edited by mr_charisma; 08-09-2010 at 05:50 AM.

And we are live with our contest! Bring your friends, family, even your cat if you want! It's our tenth contest, so bring the good mood and try not to take any indecent pictures (Unless they are of Zak and we can use them to blackmail him so we might get a photo forum )

http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...98#post1505998
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12