Dods Console Game Protype 2!

Heres a video of my completed final project for class. Its a navigational type game with a few obsticles, like locked rooms, and rooms that port you to a different location. Theres still lots of room for expansion. Just need to clean it up a bit and figure out an easier way to get levels coded in. Anyway watch the video and your'll see for yourself. Thanks.

EDIT: You can see the text better if you go full screen.

Last edited by dodlegion; 07-20-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Just wanted to share what Ive been up to with this project. Im rewriting all the functions to be set up for multiple levels. I figured out how to get sort of a level template setup for multiple levels. I made an array that has rooms of various direciton combonations. So instead of setting the 4 bools for directions individually I can set 1 dimension or more equal to the 1 of the dimensions of the room template array. WASD constrols have been setup as well. Makes playing and testing easier.

Code:
    case 4: // 5, 4 RU
    {
    	levelONE[x][y] = roomTemp[2];
    	levONEIcon[x][y] = 178;
    }
    break;

case 5: // 5, 5 LR
    case 6: // 5, 6 LR
    case 7: // 5, 7 LR
    case 11: // 5, 11 LR
    case 13: // 5, 13 LR
    case 16: // 5, 16 LR
    case 17: // 5, 17 LR
    case 18: // 5, 18 LR
    {
    	levelONE[x][y] = roomTemp[1];
    	levONEIcon[x][y] = 178;
    }
    break;

case 8: // 5, 8 LRU
    {
    	levelONE[x][y] = roomTemp[7];
    	levONEIcon[x][y] = 178;
    }
    break;
    As you can see I can set multiple rooms that have same direction setup all at once instead of setting all those rooms individually.

Also I just got Visual Studio 2010. Ive noticed some improvements with intellisense. I also like that the floating windows so I can view a page of code on separate monitor.
    Last edited by dodlegion; 07-31-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Heres the console game I would like for everyone to try out if you got a minute. Theres only 1 level, but Im making more. Feedback is always welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files