Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally A 3D Ally

Yes. I still hate 3D movies.

I hate that guy, he is a donkey's bottom, seen him so many times before, he gets paid a fortune by the bbc and he doesnt understand what people actually like, last year he did reviews on the films and he didnt even choose the popular ones, he chose the films that werel the most cringe worthy attempt at films ever. I mean he is really bad, I am ashamed to be British with people like him here as are quite a lot of brits.

And if you dont want to watch 3d then dont watch it, they have the option at cinemas, geesh.

I am ashamed to be British
    And I can't blame you .

Uhhh... I don't know about over the pond, but here in the colonies most theatres offer both a 2D and 3D option.

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. --Socrates

If you don't like 3d, watch it in 2d.

It's very simple.

If they don't have it in 2d, tough $hit. You can go somewhere else or wait for DVD.

I actually like Mark Kermode, i think he highlights film that i would have missed since they didn't get the advertising budget of transformers. But he is really just acting like an arse here. Would he be criticizing silent movies 80 years ago? ohhhh look at the screen, all grainy and in black and white..... oh and why no sound.

No.....he would have been amazed.

3D will probably get better in terms of a technology we just need more film makers like Cameroon and companies like Pixar who tell great stories and can take advantage of the medium...... and also do it right.

This tech isnt final and although it isnt bad, it will take a lot of work to make it more seamless. Thankfully hollywood and other industries are throwing a lot of money and smart people at the problem.

BTW i like how he says good old fashion 2d. Like 2d has always been around. People used to listen to the radio and/or go to the theater. It took innovation and 80+ years of refinement to get 2d to the state where it is now, so i think its rather obtuse to $hit on something that hasnt had a half the amount of development time.
    Last edited by phrenzy84; 06-18-2010 at 08:21 AM.
    site

insert witty comment here

lol, nah I love this guy. His rants are amazing.

And it's a lot more simple for me to watch it in 2D. I just turn the 3D off, any complaints and I blame it on a technical difficulty. Problem solved =P
    But 3D really seems like nothing more than a fad to me. It won't be long before they abandon it for something MORE revolutionary. The technology is great (not having a go at that), it's just a shame that they have to use it on a medium that doesn't need it. If a movie could do 3D well, then it wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunatly no movie has done this yet.

*turns around with fingers in ears*

I like him, but he isnt right all the time. Sometimes its even funnier to watch him have a go at something even if he has it wrong. But 3d... come on, give it some time. Despite the efforts decades ago, it hasn't been here for the blink of an eye.

But i don't think we should call it perfect though. I too, will value 2d higher than 3d for a long time.

Personally i feel that sound hasn't been used as creatively as i thought it would in recent years. Maybe movies execs turn it upto 11 in case the audience falls asleep. And for me sound is almost more than half the movie experience.
    site

insert witty comment here

I haven't yet seen a 3D movie. Only Universal Studios 3D and 4D stuff, Now that was cool so if the theater is like that then I can't see how you wouldn't like it.
    The next step in movies needs to move to what they did with Shrek 4D. You get sprayed with water when Donkey sneezes and get blown with air when spiders fall around you and have a bumpy ride when the stage coach takes off. That would be a cool movie experience for the next generation. Though I'm sure an electro shock when somebody gets shot probably wouldn't fly
    I'm sure there were people against color when it came out. There will always be die hards. I can't have a real opinion yet till I go see a 3D movie though which I will in a couple days. I am going to take my daughter to her first movie and see Toy Story 3.

I'm sure 3D will have its place and I'm sure some movies will not be meant for it.

What the hell is wrong with people? Why would you NOT want to watch things in stereo 3D?

maybe someone should remind this guy that not only are almost all movies available in both 2D and 3D viewings, but REAL LIFE is in stereo 3D - that's why you have 2 eyes! Duh.

If he doesn't like that, then maybe he should go poke out his left eye and live in a monoscopic world.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Hazdaz~ View Post
    What the hell is wrong with people? Why would you NOT want to watch things in stereo 3D?

I don't know about other places, but 3D movie tickets are double that of "old fashion" 2D movie tickets. I also get headaches from viewing 3D content. So why would I want to pay double for a headache and no fun?
    <NelsonLaQuet1> isnt denmar rambow and sunshine happy land?

Quote Originally Posted by dobe View Post
    I don't know about other places, but 3D movie tickets are double that of "old fashion" 2D movie tickets. I also get headaches from viewing 3D content. So why would I want to pay double for a headache and no fun?
    OK, the money issue is definitely a legit complaint. I could see them charging some premium for this technology, but 2X is obscene. I think the last few 3D movies I have seen it was not nearly that much more expensive.

The whole headache thing I don't get though. I mean sure, this is newish technology (actually it's not, it's been around for decades, but whatever), so I could see that it might take some time before the whole process is straightened out, but LIFE is in 3D... If done correctly, it should not give people headaches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast