Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Mortal Kombat GAME (with trailer)

WARNING: This may be M/18+ rated material (well they said they were shooting for an M rating and I think they may get it)

http://kotaku.com/5560010/the-new-mo...pure-brutality

some of what I would assume are fatalities near the end look BRUTAL... I liked the old MK games (as in the PS2 ones) but they weren't as good as the older ones like Mortal Kombat Trilogy so I'm not being too optimistic (yet)

(note: I didn't put this in the MK movie topic since this is about a game, just incase anyone wondered why I made a new topic about the game instead of putting it in there)

This looks like Mortal Kombat 2 (which was my favorite one BY FAR) put in a new 3D jacket. Kinda like the new Street Fighter, back to the roots, which I can only applaud.

Looking forward to this game.
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

I first played Mortal Kombat on the SNES when I was 16. Brutal it was, though I didn't feel inclined to start beating up my mates afterward
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

Glad they're getting back the the roots of what made MK great.

looks awesome, hopefully they have more characters than the second but at least it looks true to its original form of Brutality. I hope they do a bit of blazblue for controls though, blazblue is not a button bashing game, you actually have to learn controls to do stuff, where as you could spam button bashing in most of the MK's

cheesy fun. Though wish they didnt steal the image of sub-zero in that brief flash. (from zbrushcentral)

It would make me sick if the final game or film version ends up looking identical to that image.

Make me weary of posting work online.
    site

insert witty comment here

Got a link to that picture you're talking about? I'm interested to see.

sure,

Original Sculpt

Trailer Version

The original artist Furio Tedesch, wasn't aware that his image was used until someone let him know.
    site

that render is for the MK short film Rebirth. that was just a director pitching his idea for a film to warner bros. i think the game version of sub-zero will be different.

Does make it right to take someone's work and use it without permission?

Say if the design had a bigger role in the trailer. And because of it, investors could see the potential and invested millions into the project. That would mean the artist responsible is partly responsible for such a large investment of which he/she had no knowing involvement.
    site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast