• Right Handed

26 57.78%
  • Ambidextrous

5 11.11%
  • Left Handed

14 31.11%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Right handed or left handed?

I got bored and decided to do a little research on left handed vs right handed people. Most of what I've read boils down to left handed people using the right (creative) side of their brain, while right handed people use the left (logic) side of their brain. It also seems that a ton of IT people are left handed.. (Bill Gates included )

I myself am left handed. I've tried to teach myself to write right handed, but I was getting nowhere fast. I can probably write a little better with my right hand than before, but for the most part, it was almost pointless. I was able to learn to use a computer mouse with my right hand. Only reason I did that, was because it was just about impossible to find a left handed mouse at that time. I can use a mouse with either hand now. I also had a pain in the ass time in finding a left handed guitar heh.

Anyway, I thought I would ask here since every single time I looked for any information, it kept pointing to left handed people being creative. 3d buzz is full of insanely creative and talented people, so why not ask here?
    I'll even try to put up a poll.

Up until grade 2 I was left handed, was forced (not cool) to switch to right.

I'm lefty, was forced to write right handed growing up. Now I can write with both hands.
    <NelsonLaQuet1> isnt denmar rambow and sunshine happy land?

And Windows 7 was your idea Dobe? Get your own story!

Quote Originally Posted by TF242 View Post
    Witchcraft!

That is not what you said on IRC:

Toastage: google's on TF's face

Wilmington, NC: The Hollywood of the South
    Left handed here as well. I wasn't forced to use the right hand either. I've always been left handed, though playing guitar can be a pain in the arse. Like you, .Apathy., I could never find a left handed guitar.
    "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard." -Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by TF242 View Post
    I read ALOT about left handed people being forced by their parents and teachers. I left that out of my first post because it is actually quite traumatic to be forced at a young age to go against what you're naturally used to. My brother is also left handed and 4 years older than me. His teachers started giving him crap in 6th grade. My mother actually went to the school and told them to back off.

Right handed, always have been.

I go through stages of doing things with my left hand. Brushing my teeth, cooking, drinking, etc. The idea is that it builds up both the strength and independence of your non-dominant hand, making you a better drummer.

The stages never seem to last for long though.

Yes, it was my idea! Just like Windows 8 is my idea too!
    <NelsonLaQuet1> isnt denmar rambow and sunshine happy land?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast