IBL and HDRI Help

Hey there forum, its been quite a while! I recently began working again with Maya and have been reading on HDRI lighting. After some test I came with this result, but still I feel like some of the "realness" is missing...

Any tips or settings I should be aware about to make my render better? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any info on what you have setup in the scene already? (apart from IBL/HDRI, i got that bit )

What system are you using for your lighting and which type of material is on your geo?
    Have a look into the MentalRay architectural materials (mia's) and some tone mapping never goes a miss
    There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

the green text is a mia_material, the tred one a blinn and the floor is a blinn too, have one spotlight and an IBL sphere, rendered in mental ray with final gather.

Ive been all afternoon working around and ive discovered some cool tips like using planes not visible in renders and using its incandescence as a type of light source. Check my new test renders to see which looks "realer"
    Attached Images Attached Images

In my opinion (and its only that) some where between the two would look more 'realer' to me.

Either way the curve part of the border needs to be smoother
    There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

lol ok thanks!

quick question, how can I make my object reflect more of the light from the Image without increasing its reflectivity?? because id like for the image to be brighter without the need of any additional lights.