View Poll Results: Who will be the 3dbuzz wildlife master photographer?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ilera

4 16.00%
  • Mr3d_PHD

5 20.00%
  • Allegro

11 44.00%
  • Ray()

2 8.00%
  • Anzahl

3 12.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Photography contest Mark VII poll

It's that time of the year again! The sun is shining occasionally, people are shedding 50 layers of clothing and mother nature is trying to keep us awake all night with animal sounds! I hate seagulls..

Now, who has captured the best animal? Not in a cage, but with a camera!

LET'S GET READY TO VOTE!

And the nominees are:

Ilera

Mr3d_PHD

Allegro

Ray()

Anzahl
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Allegro FTW!!!

Man, this was a really tough one. Everyone came in close second for me!
    -Mr. 3d

I went with Anzahl... Pretty colours.. ooh... ahhh..

This one's tough for me to choose
    I'll have to vote later

I dunno, they are all unique, have character and are of a high quality visually. Two have the cute factor while two are more dynamic in colour and another has the dynamic factor of motion. I guess it's going to come down to your favourite type of animal. If there was a bird of prey in there it would have won it for me if the quality was as high as those above..
    Last edited by Scott M C4D; 05-06-2010 at 11:33 AM.
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

Voted...

But now I feel bad... can I vote on all? Really there are 5 really good images here!
    One step at a time... towards enlightenment! I hope...

My Amazing Blog - Enter at your own risk...

I know! Apparently 3d Buzz has some talented nature photographers. We should all apply for a position at National Geographic! =D
    -Mr. 3d

Quote Originally Posted by Mr3d_PHD View Post
    I know! Apparently 3d Buzz has some talented nature photographers. We should all apply for a position at National Geographic! =D
    I got my camera back in November and have been getting more and more into it.. I've been debating whether I might enjoy photography as a career more than animation. Just bought a 10-22mm lens this week too. I've been on my 50mm prime so much that wide angle is very disorienting to try and get used to!

I got my vote in... for me it was really between Mr3d and Anzahl's... really like both images... since I think the quality was so close I went with the one that was shot in the wild.

Woot!! Thanks man!

So is your camera full frame? I started out back in the day shooting with a fully manual film camera (yes, focus, metering, everything), then I moved on to my Nikon N65, which is an automatic film camera. Film cameras are full frame, so they don't have the ~0.5 crop factor that most digital cameras have. When I made the switch I was so bummed out at what they did to my wide lenses. If you ever get a chance, go to a camera shop or something and pop that 10mm on a full frame camera. It will freak...you...out! Unless of course you have a full frame camera already, in which case this is the cause of your disorientation, ha ha!
    -Mr. 3d

Nope, I'm shooting on a 7d, which has a 1.6 crop. The lens is an EF-S as well, so it's not going to go onto any full frame cameras. So realistically it's more like using a 16-35mm lens on a full frame. I don't think I'll be upgrading any time soon I'll have to get a telephoto lens at some point, but until I start earning money from my photos I'm going to have to call it quits at that... though since my cam does 1080p video, I'll also likely get a steadycam type rig for it. I'm itching to do a short film.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast