Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WindyBut_UK Unity already has a FPS tutorial on their website, what parts would you want them to cover?
    ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS

Quote Originally Posted by ostamo2 View Post
    i hear they are going to test it again on friday during the radio show
    i am going to try and be there
    Man... I have a huge modeling project due Friday night... I'll try to at least be listening to this show while I work. Hopefully I make some progress on my project tonight so I can take a break.
    The odds of hitting your target increase significantly when you aim at it.
    Check out my iOS games released in the App Store!
    Tricky Treasure Fall
    Tap 'n' Scrap
    UFO Escape From Earth

As said above, any kind of training called "How to make an MMO" would be the crack cocaine of internet SEO - pulling in hits from far and wide. How you would balance what is free and what is premium content I'm not sure, but it's got to be worth a think about.

XNA Tip #1: Take it easy on the garbage collector, and your performance will thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ostamo2 View Post
    WindyBut_UK Unity already has a FPS tutorial on their website, what parts would you want them to cover?
    Well I took a look at Fusion Fall and it had the characters on screen so you could see the animations. How to set those up and get them to work would be interesting. As good as the demo that comes with Unity is you are still only an invisible pill LOL. So yeah I think it would be great to see your characters on screen.

I am not a programmer but I have tried to learn before and failed. So I would love to see more VTMs from the 3D Buzz gang as I am hoping to learn Unity.

Who knows, maybe I learn better by watching a VTM than a reading a PDF. Assuming you referring to “3D Platform Game” PDF.
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by WindyBut_UK View Post
    Well I took a look at Fusion Fall and it had the characters on screen so you could see the animations. How to set those up and get them to work would be interesting. As good as the demo that comes with Unity is you are still only an invisible pill LOL. So yeah I think it would be great to see your characters on screen.
    But wouldn't that not be an fps? Sounds more like you want third person if you want to be able to see your character on screen.

Well if you were to make a FPS using what you learn from the demo. If you have say a DM style game then you would not be able to see anyone as you would all be invisable pills. So if Buzz does do an MMO the i would presume he would also go to a 3D and show us how to animate it walking, running etc. Then show us how to code that into the game so we could be seen by others.
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by WindyBut_UK View Post
    Well if you were to make a FPS using what you learn from the demo. If you have say a DM style game then you would not be able to see anyone as you would all be invisable pills. So if Buzz does do an MMO the i would presume he would also go to a 3D and show us how to animate it walking, running etc. Then show us how to code that into the game so we could be seen by others.
    Or, he could just show us how to make a network game with a bunch of pills running around. I mean, Unity vids aren't about the creation of art assets, but the using of them. In all likely hood, if they were to use art assets, they would use some ones that Zak created, and then brought into Unity, but not actually create them in the video...

As for the pill and what not, you aren't an invisible pill, Unity just doesn't render the backs of polygons, so it looks invisible. You can just as easily replace the pill with a 3D model, but you can't have any polygons facing the camera in the head then. Also, it isn't that hard to make them animate in Unity, go look at the third person platformer tutorial to see how to animate objects in Unity. The PDF's aren't that hard to follow.

I don't mean to make this post seem condescending, however you should just take a look at all of the available tutorials out there, on youtube, on the Unity website, on random places on the nets, and on here, instead of wanting Buzz to replicate tutorials that have already been created, which isn't a good use of time, when he could be teaching NEW things. I wouldn't be surprised for him to show how to set up animations, but I doubt he will go into the creation of YET ANOTHER FPS tutorial, when you could do SO much more with Unity.

i was talking about this tutorial from the unity website
    http://unity3d.com/support/resources...stutorial.html

Thank you for the link ostano2 I hadn’t yet looked at other tutorials but maybe I should .

Your right m50 I haven’t really looked through the demo much. So I didn’t look at the pill and assumed that it was a collision mesh and that is why I thought it would be invisible. I know what you mean about going through other tutorials and your right I should. I am new to programming and as Buzz would be teaching in C# I thought I would wait for the next tutorial and see what I can get my head around from that. What I am thinking could be the wrong way to look at it but how confusing would it be if I follow a Java tutorial while trying to learn C#. As for your “condescending” comment I did not take your post that way. After all you’re only trying to help and I appreciate it.

After reading what I have wrote here, it seems to me that I may be suffering from lack of confidence. That is my undoing I guess.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me guys .

yeah tonight on the radio they test questing and chatting functionality i cannot wait to get the vtms for this

it is going to be AWESOME

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast