Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If you use Houdini I'm SURE you answer will be different.
    My BLOG
    My VIMEO

Yeah, but with Houdini *anything* is doable. If you want to run something with very strict constraints, Maya is the way to do it. ;P

Just hope for clarification, a previous contest said "power of water, nothing manmade" and was won by a puddle on concrete reflecting electric lights, hence posting 3 possible entries as no clue what leeway will or won't be given

The original post says "no pets", "no insects either". hard do get much more definite than that.

That said, it's a contest with no prizes, intended only for fun/practice.

Yeah, normally I'd say that zoo animals aren't allowed, but what the hell, it's all in good fun...
    BUT NO INSECTS!!

The one with the puddle was also
    "nothing man made controlling the motion of the water" The power of water in that one was the ripples cause from rain drops

For this one I's say zoo animal should be allowed.... but it did specifically say no insects.

Here's my entry! One of the ONLY things I like about Florida is the crazy-ass giant cranes we have running around everywhere. These guys grow as tall as a short human.

By mr3d_phd, shot with NIKON D100
    -Mr. 3d

From previous compo I set
    As decided by Scott M C4D, it is dynamics of Water
    This means that the water must be moving through it's natural forces ( which is not man made or influenced by man, so glasses/bottles containing moving water or water going down a sink would not be acceptable).
    Examples of what is acceptable include places where natural water elements exist or are occuring such as falling rain in a storm where you can see how the dynamics of the rain impact it's surface. Other examples of how water interacts in it's natural environment include areas such as coasts, (yes this does include waves and the sea itself, though in the case of a flat calm sea it's not going to be that exciting and show how dynamic it is when interacting), rivers, forest streams, natural waterfalls.
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...contest-Mark-V
    Last edited by Scott M C4D; 04-21-2010 at 12:15 PM.
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

Nice one Mr3d!
    Living in Toronto there's not much I can do to compete with that one.

I'm not complaining, just knowing that this is for fun and rules can be fuzzy, that's why I posted 3 possibles

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast