Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    I don't have Maya, but clearly the python interpreter is having issues with whatever the templateDescriptionFile variable is set to.

Edit: Nevermind the following advice.

I just noticed that you are using parentheses after templateAndPath.partition when I would think that should be square brackets.
    Code:
    Edit: Nevermind this code. I didn't realize python strings had a partition method, so it was actually correct
    to use parentheses because you're calling a method.

Try changing:
         templateDescriptionFile = templateAndPath.partition(".ma")[0] + ".txt"

to:
         templateDescriptionFile = templateAndPath.partition[".ma"][0] + ".txt"

and see if that helps.
    Last edited by pellea72; 09-16-2017 at 12:10 AM.
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

Thank you, but it wasn't that, just some differences between maya 2010 and maya 2017.

One thing that I always wanted to do was adding a button to the maintenance UI, below the install button, a close button.
    but having not use the tool for a while, I'm not sure...

Reading the code, I think it has something to do with the scriptjob for the moduleMaintenance and moduleMaintenance_shelfTool ?

I added the button, but what's the function to tell that button to do the same action as the icon in the shelf ( scriptjob ) ?

Thought I could just copy that code, and put in in the button, but the code it's already there.

Cheers

Cool. I'm glad you got it.
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

One thing that I always wanted to do was adding a button to the maintenance UI, below the install button, a close button.
    but having not use the tool for a while, I'm not sure...

Reading the code, I think it has something to do with the scriptjob for the moduleMaintenance and moduleMaintenance_shelfTool ?

I added the button, but what's the function to tell that button to do the same action as the icon in the shelf ( scriptjob ) ?

Thought I could just copy that code, and put in in the button, but the code it's already there.

Cheers

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849