3 23.08%

Thread: my first model

Wink my first model

Hi guys

just want to share my first 3d model
    well its not first, but its been long time since I used Maya

so what do you think?

any suggestion in what to do further

Last edited by cri8bat; 02-10-2010 at 02:20 PM.

seems like there is a lot of reflection going on in the room.
    Where is that light coming from in the corner? seems very bright.

Otherwise model looks good.

Hey, its great! Bathrooms eh? Wish mine was a shiny as that one. The spotlight on the toilet seems a little harsh maybe? But I like the idea of having a spotlight on the crapper. It kind of brings the whole business to a more...contemplative level...

I am a beginner as well so I cant really talk about technical stuff yet, but what would be cool is - if the mirror was smashed and had some blood spattered on the floor with some maniac staring at you via the reflection, but thats just me...(blood always seems weird on clean white tiles)

Thanks
    Last edited by uphillcastle; 02-13-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Marscaleb Guest
    I see some sort of hole in the back of the toilet bowl.
    When you flush it, wouldn't water seep out the back?

You really do need to be careful of things like that when you are modelling. One someone notices one major flaw, that becomes all they can see and they cannot see all else that you have done.

I'd love to ask you where the motivation comes from to model a toilet as your first object in Maya since a long time. Anything special, like a love for toilets or just a random choice?

Marscaleb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiliankoe View Post
    I'd love to ask you where the motivation comes from to model a toilet as your first object in Maya since a long time. Anything special, like a love for toilets or just a random choice?
    The first thing that popped into his head was popping something into the head.

A spotlight aimed at the toilet? LOL! Anyways - not bad, but there is a probably a little to much reflection going on in this bathroom. And it seems WAY too clean and sterile. Maybe turn off all the reflection on the floor and walls and add a little dirt or grit so it seems less perfect. You don't need to make it look like a truck stop crapper from hell, just less "perfect".

On the other hand if I had a particularily awe inspiring dump, I might be motivated to model a heavenly bathroom! LOL!