Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Learn the basics of the SpriteManager - Now!

Hey guys,

Lee (Chronos78) and I have been working on all sorts of things. One of the things that we've played with on and off is Brady Write's SpriteManager (a free set of scripts that make working with Sprites very easy, not to mention the performance benefits).

At my request, Lee has recorded approximately two hours of content introducing the SpriteManager and the LinkedSpriteManager. I will be making this set available to all of our 3D Buzz members sometime next week, but I wanted to give everyone here an opportunity to snag the videos first.

Please do not distribute these videos... they are for you, and you only.

As I've said before, thank you for being so patient with me. Getting this new site together has been quite an pain.

OK OK.. enough talk... Thank you Lee for the time and effort you put into creating these... Students, here are the videos, waiting to be downloaded:

01 - Introduction
    02 - Project Setup
    03 - SpriteManager Script
    04 - LinkedSpriteManager Script
    05 - Sprite Script and Package Creation
    06 - Camera and Level Setup
    07 - Game Manager Object and Script
    08 - 1st Sprite Using Unity
    09 - Making a Sprite Prefab
    10 - Muliple Sprites Using Prefabs
    11 - Sprites Using SpriteManager Part 1
    12 - Sprites Using SpriteManager Part 2
    13 - Sprites Using SpriteManager Part 3
    14 - Using the LinkedSpriteManager & Conclusion

All the best!

Jason

Thank you Buzz.

Really having fun with Buzz, Unity and sometimes Zak.

Shall be downloading.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

Man.. I just hate that you have the slowest internet connection in the WORLD! I wish you lived a lot closer.. I'd drive a copy over there RIGHT now. Trust me, the break would do me some good

Only "sometimes" with Zak? Damn, I'm going to get my money back. I was promised loads of fun every time!

Watched the first one. Looks like fun. I shall have the rest by morning. Just toss them into GetRight and leave it running over night with the option to turn off when done. On longer downloads I do this but also run another app that after a given time will disconnect. Usually set it for 6 in the morning then the next night continue.

Such is life.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

Excellent, thanks!

I'll get watching tonight.

As you suggested, i'm using sprite manager for my keepie uppie game and it's been working like a charm - it'll be nice to understand a bit better how it works, as up till now i've just used the example and altered it to suit my needs.

Thanks Buzz and Lee

Mat

Shoot wish I had seen this post last night!

Thanks for the vids Buzz and Chronos!! Looking forward to watching these.
    The odds of hitting your target increase significantly when you aim at it.
    Check out my iOS games released in the App Store!
    Tricky Treasure Fall
    Tap 'n' Scrap
    UFO Escape From Earth

Hehe, watching them at the moment, and i'm VERY glad to see that it's not just me that forgets to exit play/pause mode when making changes in the inspector!

Great vids so far!

Thanks

Mat

Well I finally made to the forums. So I would like to thank Buzz and Chronos78 for taking the time to create these vids. So thank you guys.

DLing now....
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Hey,

Quick question in relation to Sprite Manager:

If I'm using sprite manager to render all my 2d bits and bobs into one mesh, how then would I be able to disable the renderer for ONE sprite? I have a situation in my game where i'd like to free the football (active = false) but also hide the mesh too, but since the mesh is taken care of by the sprite manager, I can't disable the renderer on this without everything being disabled. I also tried destroying the ball game object, so that I could just reinstantiate it later but the compiler moaned that sprite manager continued to reference the object after it was destroyed?

Any info on this would be great appreciated

Thanks

Mat

Simple call that sprite's HideSprite() method or set its hidden property to true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast