Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Isn't that a Max function???
    'Come, let us talk by the giant pit of death!'

yeah, I know that's how it works in max.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandohm View Post
    What I can not figure out is how can I use my own character as a PLAYER, in a 3rd camera mode, with its own animation cycles. Is it done in AnimTree? How can I setup the specific keys to run the animations, I mean, if I press X the character runs, Y my character crawls etc...
    There's a few ways to do that, but your approach will depend on your final goal. Are you trying to create a mod where you can actually play as that character, or are you just trying to look at the results of your import/animations? Assuming the former, you'll need to dig into script, there's really no way around that. Some quick steps off the top of my head:

1. Create assets: Skeletal Mesh, AnimSet, and AnimTree (tutorials available on UDN).
    2. Create a new script package (a new folder under the src folder)
    3. Extend the Pawn class and make sure to modify the Mesh component so that it references your AnimSets and AnimTree. The Skeletal Mesh should be taken care of by the family info inside the tutorial.
    4. Create a custom PlayerController class that has bBehindView set to true as default. There's another thread here that explains some pitfalls with that setting upon death.
    5. Extend the GameInfo class and have it point to your new Pawn and PlayerController classes.

Now if you play the game using your game type, you should be able to see your results as you initially wished for.

If you just want to see your art, you can skip all that coding stuff, and just do step 1. Then you'll be able to preview the AnimTree with your SkeletalMesh using the AnimTree Editor. If you want even more functionality and to see it in-game, you want to place a SkeletalMeshActor in the level of your choosing. Modify its properties to reference your AnimSets. There's some trickiness to that in that if its "Animations" parameter is already set as an AnimNodeSequence, you're already good to go and you just need to throw in the name of the animation you wish to preview. If it's blank, then you need to reference an AnimTree. Note that the AnimTree for a SkeletalMeshActor doesn't obey things such as Physics nodes and Speed nodes and all that stuff since it has no AI driving it.

Cheers.

This should help at getting the character into udk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDoCKKGNOv8

Then use this tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5IxyZ_hj54

To get him controlled. I'm fairly sure you can apply this to the pc version as well as the ios version of udk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12