NEED HELP: Houdini and graphic cards! getting new laptop - will 4500HD work at all?

Hello. I'm new here. I do indie film and lately wanted to do some FX. I wanted to try Houdini and at the same time I'm planning on getting a new laptop. I definitely want a Lenovo thinkpad t400s but it has Intel4500HD graphics.
    Will Houdini not work with it at all? Or work but just poorly?
    I wanted a portable light laptop where I can work on 3d on the go and preferably Lenovo. Can you suggest either a different system or a different software that will run on 4500hd. Thanks so much. I heard the 4500hd can take as much as 512 mb ram from the sys, maybe that's enough for Houdini?
    My budget is $1600. I know the HP Envy is great performance wise but ill be taking the system on the go on shoots so I need something sturdy and durable like a thinkpad.

Please help.

Still waiting for a response. Can anyone help please.... Any ideas? Inputs?

laptops

whe I bought my laptop I made sure it didnt have an Intel card in it as I like to work with Houdini and I read that Houdini freezes up with an Intel video card, only advice I have is dont buy it if it has an Intel card in it or built onto the motherboard. Also, I would think that a minimum of 4gb's of RAM is necessary.
    Houdini Student

Hi

In the past I've had trouble with Houdini and ATI cards, apparently because of poor driver support of OpenGL. Never tried with Intel graphics, but unless I knew they fully supported OpenGL, I'd feel uncomfortable buying a system that used them for Houdini.

I've found your best bet to be nVidia - they seem to support OpenGL well enough to suit Houdini most of the time (the FX-Go5200 was an exception).

Sorry I can't answer your question more directly.

From the Optical Department.