View Poll Results: Who shall be victorious?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr3d_PHD

19 51.35%
  • firmwood

3 8.11%
  • Clone3d

2 5.41%
  • mr smiley

4 10.81%
  • hrjansen

3 8.11%
  • ennglish

0 0%
  • Scott_M_C4D

6 16.22%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Photography contest Mark III Poll!

Let the voting commence!

The contenders:

Mr3d_PHD

firmwood

Clone3d

mr_smiley

hrjansen

ennglish

Scott_M_C4D

Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

GAH! I missed another one! :@

Good luck everyone!

I can PM you next time
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

I voted for Scott. But there's one thing I'd change. I would have much rather seen it without the flares from the light. My eye seems to be drawn to them too much for what the focus of the image is, the bottle (even though the bottle is still pretty dominant). That's all though, the bottle would pop out a lot more, IMO, without those flares.

Great job everyone though! I liked them all... I had a 'top 3' in mind. My runner ups were:

2. Clone3d
    Everything in your picture gives me the impression of being there back in "the good ol' days". The textures, blurs, colors, etc. Really nice picture.

3. Mr3d_PHD
    Love the clarity of the objects and the light streams behind them. The idea of a collection of bottles/glasses was a nice touch.
    - Rik

Quote Originally Posted by hrjansen View Post
    I voted for Scott. But there's one thing I'd change. I would have much rather seen it without the flares from the light. My eye seems to be drawn to them too much for what the focus of the image is, the bottle (even though the bottle is still pretty dominant). That's all though, the bottle would pop out a lot more, IMO, without those flares.

Great job everyone though! I liked them all... I had a 'top 3' in mind. My runner ups were:

2. Clone3d
    Everything in your picture gives me the impression of being there back in "the good ol' days". The textures, blurs, colors, etc. Really nice picture.

3. Mr3d_PHD
    Love the clarity of the objects and the light streams behind them. The idea of a collection of bottles/glasses was a nice touch.
    Thanks for your vote . The flairs are actually cause by water droplets on the camera lense so rather than hide them, I took the angle of using them in an artistic way and merge the shades generated from mixing them with the sky to show a purple varience from the dark blue to bright orange/yellow.

I did have one image where the droplets were more masked by the bottle but bottle angle was off (as well as foreground) and felt it lacked definition / clarity / depth and dynamic lighting. In this photo here http://www.bebo.com/c/photos/view?Me...Id=11896955333

Other photos's I took are here in my gallery.
    http://www.bebo.com/c/photos/album_d...Id=11896934205

I guess I chose this image as it gives a very wet but very warm feel in which whisky does have and it does perhaps raise questions about the dangers of the foreboding blue sky and wet roads at the time of year where many people lose their lives on the roads. It does make me think that I could put a message in the top left corner warning of drink driving.
    Last edited by Scott M C4D; 11-25-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

Quote Originally Posted by Clone3d View Post
    I can PM you next time
    It's ok, I knew the due date was approaching. I just never really had time the last couple of weeks.

I voted for yours by the way

Instinctively I voted for myself then realised how horribly narcissistic that was but now I can't unvote for myself and vote for someone else. Sorry fair play, I have let you down.

Scott, I agree that you chose the better of the options. The angles and clarity of this particular bottle seemed better than the others. I like the explanation you have for the droplets.

firmwood, I'm sure it all crosses our minds (those who entered) to vote for "ourselves" just to add another number to the poll... I know I do!

My Photo Set Up
    Very quickly, here's how I set my shot up:

1. Black bristol board running along bed and curves up against wall (as backdrop)
    2. Place two stacks of about eight or so DVD cases each around 10-12 inches apart.
    3. Lay picture frame (frame and glass only) on top of DVD's.
    4. Place a flashlight standing upwards (light up) underneath (held there by putting the small flashlight within a tape dispenser's hole).
    5. Turn Flashlight on.
    6. Place beer items on glass.
    7. Turn off lights, move beer items around where necessary to get "optimal glow" and allow for a good reflection off the tall boy can.
    8. Dummy me not using tripod, holds hands as still as possible while shooting with a shutter speed of about one second.
    9. Check picture, try again.
    - Rik

I find it funny that Clone 3D is from Norway and has a bottle with Inverness on it yet I'm only 35 miles east of Inverness itself lol I intend to meet a chick there in the next week or so lol.
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

Ah, yes. The urge to vote for ones own picture. Almost did it myself, seeing as I thought my picture was the best But, fairness caught me, so I voted for the picture I liked the most besides mine
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast