Unreal Source Code

Hi guys!
    I'm using UDK and I was just wondering if you knew if UDK users actually have access to the Source code of Unreal so that they can customize the Unreal interface and modify the way that the program behave by adding maybe new fonctionalities or by fixing some bug issues or adding some new menus?Or is this kind of stuff doable for someone who knows UnrealScripting?

Thanks to you guys!

UDK users do not have access to the source code. You can do this in Unrealscripting. Actually I believe there is a set of tools for this. Chapter 6 in Volume 2 of Mastering Unreal covers this so I am betting the tools are there for the UDK and even have been improved.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

The source is here C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Development\Src
    applelemonhead3345 (1 year ago) Show Hide

best movie ever saw it first when i was two
    i think if jen was a real person she would be hot

Trialbystone17 (11 months ago) Show Hide

Jen was a guy dude.

Quote Originally Posted by benmcl View Post
    Chapter 6 in Volume 2 of Mastering Unreal covers this so I am betting the tools are there for the UDK and even have been improved.
    ... it covers that? Well I'm sold.

I thought when we mentioned source he meant the source for the binaries.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

I thought he was referring to the C++ files as well which you don't have access to in the UDK. You can change/create menus using the tools that come with UDK. You can add new functionality via UScript up to a point (there are some things that are handled in native code that you won't have access to). Not sure what you mean by bug fixing.

For anyone who may have missed it, there's a new version out with hotfixes for various crashes. It can be found here.