Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Welcome to the new Unity Student forum

Greetings everyone!

I wanted to take a second to welcome you to the new Unity Student forum. Please use this forum to post questions, as well as responses to others if you are able to help them.

All the best!

Jason

Introductions

Hay, this is macmag on 3d buzz. and no, that's not my real name. lol I am really glad to be here and to help if I can, though I am still very new to C#. But I am doing good with the UnityScript and I am good with maya and photoShop. lets get this forum going.. hope to hear from everyone..

Hey All,

Looks like we're in the same boat MacMag, i'm also new to C# and loving every minute of learning it.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone real soon.

Thanks

Mat

Hey guys,

I hope both of you had a fantastic holiday weekend. I've been working on an implementation of a game that demonstrates quite a few important C#/Unity concepts. Hope to have this to you guys soon.

Jason

Hi everyone! I'm here! Late to the party as usual!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Talking Hi guys

Hi guys, I just thought I would pop in and say hello to you guys. I was gob smacked last night to get an invitation to join you guys here.

You see I have the XNA course which as you may know is C# based. Although I understood most of the language stuff, you know such For Loop etc, there were a few of the concepts of XNA that I struggled with.

But as you may have guessed by now I was chatting to Buzz and I told him that I still enjoy 3D and lately I have learnt how to do texturing. This was beyond my ability before but thanks to the ADP course I am now slowly learning to do it.

No sooner had I told Buzz this he invited me to join you guys on here and learn Unity. Let's face it who can resist an invitation from Buzz. I can only imagine that he needs a pupil who will be a challenge, well that’s me.

I have watched some videos of a game called ""Cartoon Network Universe FusionFall. Buzz told me that this was done using Unity and I have to admit that it looks very impressive.

So here I am and I am looking forwards to learning this as it does look like fun. OK I have been going on far too long now so I get going and DL Unity now. So CU all later .
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Wow, they'll just let anyone in here nowadays, won't they? Kuanbyr and WindyBut_UK? Where's chronos78 at? Is he too good to show his face? I suppose he is too busy playing WoW to take a few minutes and say hi...figures.

LOL you write about letting in anyone your here too:P
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Hey just checking in and I see there's a new Mastering Unity header up top! Looks very nice! - I also noticed, Buzz that over on 3DBuzz, your recent posts show a post over in this forum on a separate site - is that right?

So how are you guys finding C# and Unity? I'm just getting to grips with OOP and the C# language - finding it tricky at times to get my head around but with enough blank starring at the screen (and a few nudges in Buzz' direction for help) it's becoming clearer and clearer.

With that, i'm heading straight into Unity and Mono to get cracking!

Cheers

Mat

Heh, Unity is cool, I've been working abit with the physics engine stuff. Boy can I make a mess! I'm right now working on building a pinball machine. Umm, can you say, "when the steel ball lets loose, it blows the whole pinball machine apart. Ah well, back to get more glue!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast