View Poll Results: are you interested in making a game as a team on 3dbuzz

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes!

84 72.41%
  • no!

6 5.17%
  • I don't care or im too busy or some other excuse.

26 22.41%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Post forming a team -- a family that wants to actually complete a game.

Hello all,

I have been a member of this site for quite some time, and while I am not the most amazing spectacular artist, programmer, designer, etc. ( namely because I split so much of my time in trying to lean it all -- jack of all trades master of none...) I have Always wanted to develop a full fledged game. I have searched long far and wide on the internet, and Have only managed to come up with 2 decent individuals who want to work on a project. One is an artist -- but she has been so caught up in doing her day work as the artist for the NBC heros comic that she has not had time. The other is a very capable character artist.

What I neglected to do was seriously sit down and ask the members of the only forum that I am actually an active member of (even if 90% of that activity is in the chat room.)

I am looking for members of the community that are like me. Serious about wanting to complete a full game using the unreal engine. I have ideas, but I don't care if we use them or not. I just want to build a team of people who want to succeed. Work together to come up with something we can be proud of and make the most amazing release of a mod game ever. (IE. I am willing to manufacture x number of "collector's editions" of our game that include printed cd's manuals, boxes, the whole shebang.)

If this is something that you are interested in, please comment, message me, call me, something. I am only looking for serious individuals, but those of all types. Let us use this as a learning experience and finally come together to make something.

People always "talk" about making a game. Let's actually do so...

I can be reached here on the forum my SN is ganglandceo
    you can email me at: corporate@alstonimages.com
    you can alternatively email me at: mobile_ai@yahoo.com
    you can call me at: 206 391 5004

Thanks 3dbuzz family for your potential interest!

I have been waiting a long time for a post like this, that´s why it made me happy.
    I have always thought that there are a lot of talented individuals in this community, and bringing them together to make a game would be amazing.

For my part I won’t be able to help until January next year, since I am serving on the ocean as a sailor, and just home fore a short leave.

But I really whish you guys good luck and hope you find the people you are looking for!

Some stuff I have made in the past:

Contact info: juggejugg@hotmail.com
    Last edited by The Lizard; 10-17-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Lizzzard the Blizzard

Thanks Lizard! I hope that there are many like minded people that will become excited about this. I do thank you for your encouragement and support, and If things get rolling, we would love the help when you get back in January! Good luck out there on the water and be safe out there!

I've just started studying 3D Animation at the moment and have been looking for a team based project to help bolster my folio.

I'd be most comfortable producing concepts and models. I have more experience in character modelling than vehicle/environment modelling but am willing to branch out.

I don't have much to show, but here are some things:

Last edited by Mincher; 10-17-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganglandceo View Post
    Good luck out there on the water and be safe out there!
    Thanks mate, will do my best!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Lizzzard the Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Mincher View Post
    I've just started studying 3D Animation at the moment and have been looking for a team based project to help bolster my folio.

I'd be most comfortable producing concepts and models. I have more experience in character modelling than vehicle/environment modelling but am willing to branch out.
    Hey mincher that's Great! Do you have some current stuff to display?

This project is not about who is cool and who is not so all skill levels are encouraged to apply. It is my hope that stronger members of the team will mentor the fledgling ones and that in some way or another everyone can contribute. Even if it means making a pipe or crates or complex architecture.

^__^

I'd be glad to join but I'm kind of busy with Cross Country and school, also I only have my computer with UE3 on it 1/2 the time, and I'm kind of a newbie at 3DModeling and Programming but I'd still be happy to help

hi t3po7re5 Thanks for the interest! It looks like we may have some people that would be interested after all! I know that time is a stretch for everyone, but if people could indicate what they can do (what they would like to do) and the level of commitment they can give to the project that would be great. I can make an additional thread that will be solely for the progress of the project so not only can we communicate well, we can help the community by sharing our progress from start to finish good to bad in the open

Quote Originally Posted by ganglandceo View Post
    Hey mincher that's Great! Do you have some current stuff to display?

This project is not about who is cool and who is not so all skill levels are encouraged to apply. It is my hope that stronger members of the team will mentor the fledgling ones and that in some way or another everyone can contribute. Even if it means making a pipe or crates or complex architecture.

^__^
    Edited my post to include some pics.

I would very much enjoy being apart of a team based project. I have done UE3 team mods for school over the past couple of years so I have a bit of experience with Kismet and the UE3 engine.

I do have a full time job so the amount of time I could contribute would be limited but I'd be willing to help out in any way that I can. I spend most of my time on this site in the programming areas although I do have art experience. (though it is not my preference)

Check out my website for examples of some of the work I have done.

www.richardThoma.com

Also, I would like to throw up a warning, it is very easy to bite off more the you can chew when trying to create a mod in UE3. (I know this from experience) So i would suggest trying something small first and then expanding on it once you know that you can accomplish the first step.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast