View Poll Results: are you interested in making a game as a team on 3dbuzz

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes!

84 72.41%
  • no!

6 5.17%
  • I don't care or im too busy or some other excuse.

26 22.41%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 16bit View Post
    Hey he looks familiar!
    I am glad you recognize him, I had a WIP about him all summer (seems like I made some fans !). A DT-training project, really not finished yet, still have polypainting and sculpting left to do, but I´ll keep you updated when I am back onshore.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Lizzzard the Blizzard

ive not got much to show atm but im pretty good with kismet and level design

Quote Originally Posted by ganglandceo View Post
    People always "talk" about making a game. Let's actually do so...
    This says it all.

By far the most important element of any team type project is to have someone responsible for the entire scope of the project and failing the availability of someone who has the skills necessary to get the job done should be able to perform those required tasks themselves.

More import than that though is to have the draconian leader in a democratic society who has the last word on everything even at the cost of loosing someone of skill.

I will be setting up a wiki or a forum of some sort hopefully today to have it ready for monday. I think more so a forum It will be organized in logical groupings marked by each department. We will then determine what avenue we want to go Unreal ed, XNA, Unity.

I sent a PM, that's interesting

I hope that I can help =)
    I'm not a n00b..... I am The n00b

i don't have time to assist in 3d aspects currently. (job, personal project, and kids take up way too much time).

if you need any text written, i should be able to assist in that (promo blurbs, in game text, instructions or manuals).

best of luck in your endeavor
    I'd rather hate myself for failing, than hate my life for never having tried.

Hey there Tzarlan Thanks for the interest, and as the project grows we would love to have your help and support. As long as we stay supportive of each other as a community I'm sure we can complete something! From there who knows!

ALSO

I have been getting a number of PM's regarding the project. Please don't be shy and lets try to keep the postings in this thread. The communication we all have together is what helps all of us. It's only useful to myself and the message sender if its a PM. Lets keep this thread active and open for all to learn from our success AND our failures.

There is no such thing as a dumb question, nor is there someone who is not skilled enough. This is about LEARNING together as a community.

Cheers all!

I'm excited.

I suggest you use an SVN server as a central data storage for your project (there are some free SVN hosting servers out there, but someone could also host one him/herself). They are very usefull and allow you to undo changes if someone screws it up, unlike FTP servers.

great idea hyperforce. I have hosting so i will look into setting up some SVN for the project. I also am making some groups on 3dbuzz to centralize communication for all the community.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast