Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I thought Photoshopping wasn't allowed in the last contest? Now I'm confused. Winning entry of the last contest looked shooped.

I don't want to dispute the winner of the last contest, but Skalawag's entry wasn't shopped. Just saying.

But animal lust. Let's a-keep it legal at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M C4D View Post
    Actually thats a definate no, and I don't appreciate you suggesting that this is the only form of love I am aware of. I had a dog for 14 years and he was very much part of my family as another real person.

I have issue with the context in which the specified subject areas were listed and could be seen to suggest subject matter that would be inappropriate.

And do you really think posting images of people kissing is appropriate on 3D buzz ? I personally don't.
    Scott, I'm seriously not trying to pick a fight here. Your exact words were that 'Lust', 'Lovers Love', and having the 'love of animals', "can't be mis-construed as anything but related to sex". Can't being the key word here. This is not my interpretation of your sentence...it's what that sentence actually says. I'm not suggesting a thing. YOU are the one who said it.

In any case, kissing has long been the subject of perfectly acceptable subject matter for photography in the public realm. Case in point:

If you truly have a problem with kissing photos, I suggest you take it up with the mods have them take care of it. If they deem it as inappropriate, then they will close the thread or have it modified. Now please, let's drop this conversation now as it is completely off topic. Bickering back and fourth will get nothing done.
    -Mr. 3d

If there are any gray areas, just ask and I'll clarify.

And sex was not on my mind when I posted this. As metanol said, I paraphrased him. But unless a mod deems this inappropriate, the topic stands.
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clone3d View Post
    If there are any gray areas, just ask and I'll clarify.

And sex was not on my mind when I posted this. As metanol said, I paraphrased him. But unless a mod deems this inappropriate, the topic stands.
    I don't deem it inanppropriate by any means. The only thing in this thread that bothers me is Scott drawing attention to a topic which had no place being discussed or even mentioned.

I suggest everyone drop that whole area of discussion and focus on the contest, shall we?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3Acomma

Now that we all know how elements in a list are separated, lets just move along with the competition.

As for the Photoshopping, personally I would rather keep the entries Photoshop free as much as possible. However, it is a slippery slope - if you take photos in RAW it is kindof a given that you'll have to do some touchup work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr3d_PHD View Post
    That is probably one of America's most iconic images, and I personally have that poster in my apt. Just to add some debauchery into this thread (as if there isn't enough) those two people locking lips up there didn't even know each other.

The sailor grabbed the first Nurse he saw and proceeded to get a smooch.

As for this contest and this thread, I'M SHUTTING IT DOWN!

Nah, just kidding. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the context of this contest. It was just interpreted poorly by a few people. I think maybe the wrong words were chosen to describe what the theme was, as the word "Lust" conjures images of fornication, sleezy side alley bars, and red neon lights. But even then, that is the point. Each person can interpret the whole ideal behind the contest, such is art. Love leads to lust, lust leads to consequences, consequences are both good and bad.

So, interpret what was written however you see fit. But as it stands, there is nothing immoral about what was written above.
    up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start.

is the use of hdri techniques considered photoshopping the picture?

Damn Joker, you scared me there

No, HDR images will be considered photoshopping.
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Well, now that that's all clear, I would like to file a complaint to the manager:

For a picture to be valid, it must be taken no more than one week before this thread was made, to accomodate those that don't know if they will have time to run around taking pictures during the contest. I trust you to be honest about this one!
    Yeah, sadly, I am honest...which means I'm going to have a LOT of trouble conjuring up an entry (as I can see everyone else has also). I really do like the idea of creating a rule to get people outside with their cameras, but being as this is not a photography site, the small demographic of Buzz members who actually are interested in this contest are going to be truncated to a small if not nonexistant subset because of this. In other words, if you lift this rule you'll get a ton more entries. That's just one man's opinion though.
    -Mr. 3d

I really didn't think about that, but I see your point. If there's a chance there will be more entries, I'll remove it. So consider it removed I'll even update the first post
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast