Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Photography Contest Mark II

What are the rules?

UPDATED: Removed the restriction on how old images could be. There is now no limit

No photoshopping allowed, besides cropping and changing a picture to B&W or Sepia, and making panoramas. Nothing else!

What equipment do I need?

Well, as long as it can capture light and produce an image you can share with others, be it a analog camera, digital camera or maybe a cellphone camera, you are good to go.

How do we submit the pictures?

Post the images in this thread. Makes it easier to keep things organised

A poll will be created, and then everyone can vote on the images.

The theme

As decided by Metanol, it is love. I.e. Lust, parental love, lovers love, love of animals and so on and so forth.

DEADLINE
    Deadline is 3 weeks from this post, which would give us the date October 14th.

If there are any questions, just ask here.

Let the photography commence!
    Last edited by Clone3d; 09-28-2009 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Changed the rules a wee bit.
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Intriguing, I'm going to go in search of Leeds red light district...

Damn! I'm going on a special tour of Cape Canaveral tomorrow. Why couldn't the category be space? >=(
    -Mr. 3d

Lust, parental love, lovers love, love of animals and so on and so forth.

I don't think your subject matter is appropriate for 3d buzz and is questionable in the examples you gave..
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M C4D View Post
    I don't think your subject matter is appropriate for 3d buzz and is questionable in the examples you gave..
    really? cause the topic isnt sex....
    check out my new start up!
    www.wolvesvslions.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_Kirin View Post
    really? cause the topic isnt sex....

So your saying that 'Lust' 'Lovers Love', and having the 'love of animals' which shouldn't be in the same sentence ( I don't think I need to explain that one ) can't be mis-construed as anything but related to sex ?

That might not be the intention of the OP but thats the way it reads.
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

So your saying that 'Lust' 'Lovers Love', and having the 'love of animals' which shouldn't be in the same sentence ( I don't think I need to explain that one ) can't be mis-construed as anything but related to sex ?

That might not be the intention of the OP but thats the way it reads.
    Scott, I think it's pretty safe to assume that the subject is not beastiality. Everyone here should know the rules of the forums as it is clearly posted for anyone to see, and there are plenty of possible photos that fall into this topic that do not break forum rules. Also, I'm very sorry, but when I read "Lovers Love' and "Love of animals", the last thing that came to mind was sex. I love both my wife and my cat, and that love is easily expressed by a kiss on the cheek or a pet on the head. I'm actually a bit bothered that you said they "can't be mis-construed as anything but related to sex"...because that clearly implies that the only form of "love of animals" you are aware of is sexual.
    -Mr. 3d

Haha, good point! I don't think it was intentional. Clone3D paraphrased my earlier post, which read:
    Quote Originally Posted by Metanol
    How about "LOVE" for the next theme?

Romantic love, lust, fatherly love, love for sports, for cars, for animals - how ever you want to interpret it. Photoshopping is allowed, but keep in mind it's a photography, not a Photoshop contest.
    So the focus was not supposed to be sex, and certainly not beastiality.

I also hoped the photoshop rule would be dropped. It's one thing to manipulate pictures, or to cut and paste entire elements. But in todays digital photography the process goes beyond the camera. According to the rules, there's a lot of methods in the gray area here. Like HDR, borders and setting contrast, sharpness and RAW parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr3d_PHD View Post
    because that clearly implies that the only form of "love of animals" you are aware of is sexual.
    Actually thats a definate no, and I don't appreciate you suggesting that this is the only form of love I am aware of. I had a dog for 14 years and he was very much part of my family as another real person.

I have issue with the context in which the specified subject areas were listed and could be seen to suggest subject matter that would be inappropriate.

And do you really think posting images of people kissing is appropriate on 3D buzz ? I personally don't.
    Last edited by Scott M C4D; 09-24-2009 at 02:47 PM.

really scott? if you have a problem with kissing, then just dont look at the thread.
    check out my new start up!
    www.wolvesvslions.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast