Tribes 2 Players?

Any Tribes 2 players here?

You know the game is released as freeware now at http://www.tribesnext.com/.

Oldy but goodie!

I remember first seeing it at Frys and wishing I had a computer that could run it.

I believe it was the first to introduce many features that didn't appear again till later FPS's such as Halo and Battlefield like vehicular combat and an RTS style map screen (BF2).

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Cheese View Post
    Any Tribes 2 players here?

I believe it was the first to introduce many features that didn't appear again till later FPS's such as Halo and Battlefield like vehicular combat and an RTS style map screen (BF2).
    I play it on occasion. It's been freely downloadable for several years now I think. I think they said they ran out of cd keys or something like that. But I still have the original launch CD that I bought.

But anyways, the features you talk about were not introduced with Tribes 2. They were introduced with the original Tribes game back in the 1990's. It was always so much fun to snipe the pilots out of the vehicles.
    <NelsonLaQuet1> isnt denmar rambow and sunshine happy land?

Quote Originally Posted by dobe View Post
    I play it on occasion. It's been freely downloadable for several years now I think. I think they said they ran out of cd keys or something like that. But I still have the original launch CD that I bought.

But anyways, the features you talk about were not introduced with Tribes 2. They were introduced with the original Tribes game back in the 1990's. It was always so much fun to snipe the pilots out of the vehicles.
    Phew, wrong game, right series. Close enough methinks.

And I don't know about the cd keys; they have this thing where you move your mouse around and then it generates a key or something based on an encryption level you select before hand.

Have you ever played the Meltdown 2 mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Cheese View Post

Have you ever played the Meltdown 2 mod?
    I'm not sure. I don't really keep track of what mods there are anymore. I just pick a random server and play whatever they have going.
    <NelsonLaQuet1> isnt denmar rambow and sunshine happy land?

All i have to say is, this game changed my life for real. I used to play this game none stop after i discovered the construction mod which allowed you to build anything very much like how Garry mod for half life works today. Without this game i would never have gotten into the game art and design field.

Quote Originally Posted by outlawIIIwolf View Post
    All i have to say is, this game changed my life for real. I used to play this game none stop after i discovered the construction mod which allowed you to build anything very much like how Garry mod for half life works today. Without this game i would never have gotten into the game art and design field.
    Sweet! Wish I had time to figure out how to install these mods.

I loved the original tribes... back when 80 players a map was the norm.

There was nothing like seeing a large transport with 4 heavy's raining green mortars of death upon your base.