View Poll Results: Do you hold a hand of playing cards with the high card on the left or on the right?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • High card on the left. (A, K, Q, J, 10)

5 14.29%
  • High card on the right. (10, J, Q, K, A)

21 60.00%
  • I don't really organize them at all (or I have my own goofy way of doing it).

5 14.29%
  • Playing card games is the DEVIL!

4 11.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr3d_PHD View Post
    When playing any card game with a deck of standard playing cards, do you put your cards in order with the high card on the left (i.e. Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10), or on the right (i.e. 10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace)?

I know this is a strange and somewhat random poll, but I've been told my entire life that I hold my cards backwards (high card on the left), and I really want to know just how crazy I am. Does anyone else do this?
    Freak! How your life has yet to fall apart at the seams I have no idea

Who said this hasn't caused my life to fall apart? Maybe that's why I posted this poll! HEEELP!!!!
    -Mr. 3d

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to *read* you if you're always putting your cards in the same order?

I dunno. I don't play a lot of cards, but I thought winning was all about the other players not knowing what cards you had.

Quote Originally Posted by aboveAverage View Post
    Wouldn't it be a lot easier to *read* you if you're always putting your cards in the same order?
    Totally agree. Never let them know what you are holding. The more you organize your hand the more you give away. It will take a sharp player a very short time to realize what you are doing and what order you're putting them in.

true but highest to lowest doesn't give away what the value of the card; simply that within your hand it is the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by mr smiley View Post
    true but highest to lowest doesn't give away what the value of the card; simply that within your hand it is the highest.
    imagine 5 card draw poker, you get your cards and you sort them out, then you replace whatever you need and a few things can happen, now if you put a card on the right side it means you got a higher card then you had, not much of a tell but you can work with it, if you replace say 2 cards and you place them in the middle and then bet you might have a straight, if you repace them with 1 card in between possibly a 2 pair and so on.

I agree, it can give hints to what you're holding. The thing is though, I'm usually playing card games with my family, and I can tell you right now, none of them are paying attention to these types of things.
    -Mr. 3d

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12