Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If photomerging allowed (making a panorama from multiple photos)? Technically, it should be in the same category as cropping, but then again it consists of some manual photoshop work to ease out the transitions.

Yes, making panoramas are ok, as long as you don't do anything that's more fancy than that Doesn't photoshop have a panorama function somewhere?
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

I wish I had the time to enter this. I splashed out on an expensive new lens a few months ago and I've barely used it!

Good luck everyone.

p.s.
    Mr Smiley, your photo looks like it's come out of the Source engine! Don't necessarily take that as a critique, something about it just looks abit odd.

Guess I'll use this then, if it doesn't violate any rules. It's from New York, between Brooklyn and some other bridge. I don't know any place more urban than NYC

Click for larger photo.
    Last edited by Metanol; 09-15-2009 at 03:03 AM. Reason: updated the link

Quote Originally Posted by Mr3d_PHD View Post

PS Gabe, I LOVE your weather entry!! I wanna go to Japan so bad. =(
    Thanks Dave! I'm actually going back to Japan this week so I needed to post some shots before I forgot.

I just picked up a rangefinder off ebay so I hope to comeback with some nice street photography.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_charisma View Post
    Sweet, well if they are more guidelines I would like to revise my entry for weather:

Took this at Mt Hotham back in August, around 1am, after a a non-trivial amount of alcohol. 8 second exposure, which I guess is why the clouds are not well defined. Click the image for full resolution
    I actually really like the gritty and amorphous clouds. Nice shot.

Can we have a border?

Canon SX1 IS
    Shutter Speed: 1/636
    Aperture: F5
    Focal Length: 38mm

Weather:

(with border, if allowed)

(without border)

Very nice!! I love it.

Here is my entry for the urban category:

Now to choose my weather entry.........

EDIT: This was taken on a carriage ride through Central Park in New York City.
    Last edited by Mr3d_PHD; 09-15-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    -Mr. 3d

Okay...here is my entry for the weather category. I took in in Daytona Beach, Florida on a bright sunny day. Yes...I said it was bright and sunny.

You may notice some odd things about this photo. For one thing, there are a ton of people on the beach. That's because this storm appeared out of nowhere. This is typical in Florida. One of the many reasons I hate it here. The other thing that may seem odd is the angle the photo was taken...way off the beach and elevated far above the water. This is because we made the terrible mistake of going on gondola ride suspended above the Daytona Beach pier! Not only did the lady running the ride completely forget we were on it (stopping it right at the moment we reached the furthest end of the pier), but a loudspeaker announced that the pier and the beach needed to be evacuated immediately and we watched from above as everyone ran off the pier. Needless to say the wifey was absolutely freaking out crying. I was freaking out that my camera was going to get wet!! Luckily I was able scream loud enough to get some guys attention to go tell the lady running the ride to bring us back in. Good times...good times.

Here's a photo of the pier:

-Mr. 3d

Although it's not your entry, I love the second shot Mr3d!

Both are pretty awesome though, that storm looks crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr3d_PHD View Post
    Here is my entry for the urban category:

I dig it....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast