Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ennglish View Post
    I said I like biscuits dammit!
    biscuits is just fine but will there be cake?

Quote Originally Posted by frankie v View Post
    biscuits is just fine but will there be cake?
    the cake is a lie!!!!!!!!!!

Ennglish ain't you Aussie? You should be demanding scones!
    <NelsonLaQuet1> isnt denmar rambow and sunshine happy land?

Quote Originally Posted by Command0-182 View Post
    the cake is a lie!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wjt2cEnURI
    My BLOG
    My VIMEO

HEY Paddington BEAR !!!!!! wherer is my Farm house ?? Twister !!! 20ft flying cow ???? ( the cow is flying becos of the twister )
    63 FOOT RED CAT. DON'T GET EATEN!

Let me take some painkillers for the ass-kicking I'm about to get cause I'm gonna have to jump on swann's bandwagon.

The reason everyone loves 3dbuzz is because 3dbuzz creates good content. 3dBuzz in opening the doors for Houdini and XNA users. Everyone knows Maya and 3ds Max. There are many videos on virtually EVERY topic out there, I guarantee you (for Maya). So... Gnomon, Digital Tutors and... well other websites already have plenty of videos on character rigging for Maya. Not to mention all the rigging that is going on in the ADP class.

And... like Steve said "If you liked the rigging we did in Houdini... oh man, you'll totally dig this (and would still stand to benefit from it... it's something that could be fairly easily adapted to Houdini, I believe)." So why can't the Maya users benefit from the Houdini rigging videos that have already been created?

So check this... maybe if there were more Houdini content than there would be a higher demand for Houdini content.

Overall I've been a big 3dbuzz fan... and always will be.... so no harm done. Just thought I'd speak out my mind for once in my life. Guess I've just gotten tired of Maya this and Maya that.

So.... cocktails and uncooked biscuits anyone?
    Last edited by Rico; 08-14-2009 at 01:30 AM.
    Rico - VFX Artist in training
    USA: Kansas: Kansas City = (GMT -6:00) (CST)

Didn't they just release a metric s-tonne of Houdini DVDs last year? Certainly you haven't mastered all those techniques or you would have gone pro by now.

Try not to be so single-minded. You've got probably what amounts to a few years worth of real-world class material on the software.

What about 3DS Max? What about Blender? What about POSER!? I'll be damned if I can figure that suite out. Baby-bird it to me 3DBuzz! Stat!
    Last edited by aboveAverage; 08-14-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aboveAverage View Post
    Didn't they just release a metric s-tonne of Houdini DVDs last year? Certainly you haven't mastered all those techniques or you would have gone pro by now.
    http://www.forum3d.pl/f3dbb/index.ph...st_unread_post

I'm not a pro. Rigging is not everything. As I writed all I wan't is something specialized, like making a car shader under Vops/Vex or BSDF shaders. One DVD. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by aboveAverage View Post
    What about 3DS Max? What about Blender? What about POSER!? I'll be damned if I can figure that suite out. Baby-bird it to me 3DBuzz! Stat!
    What ? I didn't even knew that those aplications exist .

To be fair I'm to suprised that they don't make tuts for MAX. It has biggest user base, so there is big demand. I don't know any other application that is used so extensively not only for effects, animation but also architecture.
    My BLOG
    My VIMEO

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Maybe broaden your horizons a bit and work with Max or Maya. It seems like Houdini and either of those could make quite the power house. Is that not a viable workflow for you guys?

Pro's

I dont think there is such a thing, maybe an advanced learner but not a Pro. Even if you take some kind of professional type of training, when you start a job you find out how much you dont know from all your training.
    Houdini Student

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast