Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swann View Post
    Disappointed, no it's not a good word. Piss*d, yeah, this is a good word.

Why ?

So there will be nothing new for Houdini this year ? No new packages from Angela for me under Christmas tree ?

Sorry to hear that you're so upset about it. But I can assure you there's no amount of frustration greater than what we feel over here, actually.

Why?

Houdini is, bar none, the single most powerful and adept 3D package in existence. Once you get into its mindset, you have more power at your fingertips than you do with any other software tool. We love it. Period.

We have even gone so far as to create what is very likely to be the finest character and technical setup tutorial set available for the package. Along with several other great resources spanning introduction, special effects, and more.

But we have to think in another direction, as well; a direction that you probably haven't yet considered: Demand.

People want Maya training more than they want Houdini training. Oh sure, the studios eat up everything we release over Houdini, and they're always eager for more. But there are more individuals out there clamoring for Maya training than there are for Houdini, and quite frankly, with the economy in the state that it's in, playing to the audience is more important than ever.

The needs of the many, and all that...

Anyhow, I know this comes as a disappointment (and apparently beyond) to some of you, and there's nothing I can do about that. The bottom line is that making training is - in and of itself - not enough to sustain us. Sure, it is a bit sad that the laws of economics force us into a dichotomy between what we'd like to do and what we have to do. But at the end of the day, we must be able to sell the fruits of our labor. So if you want to see more Houdini training in the future, then you should be glad that we're able to ramp up and maintain the company by sending out products that will keep us around long enough to create it.

new Houdini content

I, too, am saddened to hear the news but being currently unemployed I understand your point Zak, I just hope it turns around soon. 3DBuzz has the best Houdini training content available anywhere. And the best folks teaching it!!
    Houdini Student

I like biscuits. Especially extruded ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    But we have to think in another direction, as well; a direction that you probably haven't yet considered: Demand.
    I have no pretension that you need to make money. But Steve is not the only one who works in 3D buzz cave. And definetely not the only one that knows Maya. So this doesn't explain why every other project has to be canceled.

I don't demand next 10 DVD about Houdini, but one, just one, very specialized (how to make car shader aka cook-torrence shader, or something about BSDF shaders), could be done. Then go and make next 20 DVD for Maya.

There are missing parts in Houdini tutorials that don't need to record suites of couple DVD's. And don't need so much time to develop (like past year rigging suite).
    Last edited by swann; 08-13-2009 at 03:11 PM.
    My BLOG
    My VIMEO

Quote Originally Posted by swann View Post
    I have no pretension that you need to make money. But Steve is not the only one who works in 3D buzz cave. And definetely not the only one that knows Maya. So this doesn't explain why every other project has to be canceled.

I don't demand next 10 DVD about Houdini, but one, just one, very specialized (how to make car shader aka cook-torrence shader, or something about BSDF shaders), could be done. Then go and make next 20 DVD for Maya.

There are missing parts in Houdini tutorials that don't need to record suites of couple DVD's. And don't need so much time to develop (like past year rigging suite).
    Thank you for your insight, but nothing has been canceled that I know of. Again, I'm sorry you're so upset about this. We're moving forward with a path of product development that suits our needs as a company. We understand that this cannot always coincide with the demands of every individual user, and sincerely hope you understand our position as well.

No, Steve is not the only person who knows Maya, nor the only person who knows Houdini for that matter. That point is completely irrelevant. He was available to put his formidable technical skills to this new project, and so he is. Simple as that.

I said I like biscuits dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by ennglish View Post
    Imported or exported?

Quote Originally Posted by ennglish View Post
    ennglish, Read slowly this line:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    We're moving forward with a path of product development that suits our needs as a company.
    We understand that this cannot always coincide with the demands of every individual user, and sincerely hope you understand our position as well.
    So there will be no biscuits, OK. Go home and make them yourself .
    My BLOG
    My VIMEO

Yes, but there will be muffpuffins though, don't worry. I know the muffin man.

Look what you done. I was trying to paste expression from textport but you had to come up with your biscuits that left in my clipboard. Even Houdini know there will be no biscuits.

My BLOG
    My VIMEO

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast