Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsday44 View Post
    and thats really not right that you have to buy a specific controller to play ut3 with gamepads...
    I don't see a problem with it. It provides a consistent experience for the user. And it's not like they are requiring an obscure controller. It's a well-known, quality piece of hardware. Plus, the support for it is already built into the engine because of Xbox 360 support. Makes sense to me.

UT3 doesn't have an option to choose gamepad as a method of input does it? I haven't installed the patches because there are so many. But I don't see the option in the vanilla install. I'm not a big fan of the WASD and I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to those crappy third party joystick emulators.

On a side note is there a place to d/l all the patches rolled into one? Is that possible? What is the upgrade path?

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=678286

Read post 2. You only need the latest even after a fresh install.

post 1 has some mirrors but I usually got to BeyondUnreal.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

Thanks I thought if I didn't install them sequentially it would explode.

wait a sec.. isnt ut3 supposed to recognise directinput stuff? cuz i looked on dxdiag and my controller shows up.. it says 4 axis, 16 button controller :/ and my version is the steam version, so it should already be all updated and stuff
    Last edited by doomsday44; 08-16-2009 at 12:10 AM.

u can try using this app http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

it isnt free but u can try the trial for 30 days
    im pretty sure it will work with ut3
    PSN : VenticalLamma (no ps3 at the moment) | Xbox live : Dj Whip It Out | Steam ID : undead_killa

Sgt.Matt Baker: You really get to know a man if you get to watch him die, that moment right before he realizes its over, that moment his face reflects every decision he's ever made, what kind of life he led and if he regrets it

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

I got my controller working. It's an xbawks 360 controller. It worked automagically when I installed the patches. I had to bind some buttons to what did what but after that, no probalo.

Too bad the game sucks. Its needs grenades and proper melee smack and that Halo guy he is pretty cool.
    Last edited by aboveAverage; 08-16-2009 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aboveAverage View Post
    I got my controller working. It's an xbawks 360 controller. It worked automagically when I installed the patches. I had to bind some buttons to what did what but after that, no probalo.

Too bad the game sucks. Its needs grenades and proper melee smack and that Halo guy he is pretty cool.
    wut? there is grenades.. if you load the rockets in the RL and press the primary fire twice you can shoot nades... and what melee smack?

ok guys u know what- could someone look around and find something that emulates the xbox 360 controller on pc with any other 4 axis 16 button controller? like instead of emulating the keyboard and mouse with a controller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast