wheel spin alternative

Hi

I'm currently going through the Tech rigging dvd 5, and there's and awesome part about rolling the wheels on the vehicle, Steve does a great job doing that and the chops part is great.
    For some strange reason, the rolling didn't work for me, I couldn't find the error, and that made me remember that I've done this before for a rolling sphere, so this is and alternative way, way simpler, and real time with out the need to cook it.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/940857...Spin_v01.hipnc

simply put, I'm doing this; getting the translation in Z and multiplying that by 45 (degrees), and dividing this by the wheel radius, in the sample I'm using the xform_scale_wheel scale, if you scale that and play again, everything still works.

This is an alternative to Steve solution and if any one has the DVD I say you see that, cause all the chops training you can get is priceless.

l8r
    Last edited by varomix; 07-26-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: added method
    --Alvaro Castañeda / 3D Artist
    www.intelianimate.com
    ====================
    ONLY A DREAMER CAN LIVE THE DREAM

I haven't seen that video (I'm going to check it out today), but in your file I looked at the wheel_hook object and it's Channel editor seems to conform to what's happening on the screen when you scrub the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by varomix View Post
    simply put, I'm doing this; getting the translation in Z and multiplying that by 45 (degrees), and dividing this by the wheel radius, in the sample I'm using the xform_scale_wheel scale, if you scale that and play again, everything still works.
    i think 45 is too low.
    but it looks good so maybe it doesn't matter.