Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs up How to Export a character from 3DS Max to UT3

Hi guys, Lately I have been chatting to people on here and I have been asked if I knew how to export character models from 3DS Max to UT3.

So I have made a video of the first part of this exercise which is exporting from Max. Here is the link to download the video:-

01 3DS Max skinning and exporting to .PSK files.rar - 30.18 megs - 19 mins

02 Importing Textures & Models into UT3.rar - 35.91 megs - 24 mins

03 Let's Make UT3 Reconise Our Character.rar - 37.03 megs - 15 mins

The first file includes two max files and some text files too. There are no exe's so there is nothing to worry about.

If anyone knows I am basically remaking the video that Jason Welsh made over on VEOH. I have been told that, by some, it is not available. Also I have made the rest of the videos as you can see.

This video was made using 3DS Max v9 with service Pack 2.

Please let me know what you guys think
    Last edited by WindyBut_UK; 08-02-2009 at 11:32 AM.
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Oohh, character exporting, i thought this was just going to be a cube or teapot into UT3. I will watch when it's finished downloading.

What version is the max file?

I hope your not too disapointed but the model is very poor but your right I should have put "character" in the title.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I use Max v9 + Service Pack 2.
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

I liked it as I haven't ever made a character to import yet, but plan to do so in the future. My only gripe was it was a bit repetitive watching all the skinning and exporting. But it was very useful with all the files you included.

What about importing the character?

I have never made a character either but for those people who may not have one that is why I included one.

The main problem I have right now is storing the video somewhere so people can download it. I only have a max of 55 megs for my site so as this first video was 36 megs I may not have enough room for more. So I need to find somewhere for free.

Please to remember that I only started learning all this yesterday. So once I do find another storage place then I will make more.

I agree with you about the skinning and exporting but sometimes when people are new to something they prefere so see it all. That's why I showed it all.

Thank you for having a look at the video

you could use rapidshare.

Quote Originally Posted by 16bit View Post
    you could use rapidshare.
    or filefront

good work man
    I'm not a n00b..... I am The n00b

awesome tutorial .. thanks very much , nice to see a brit one for a change .. also ..was that the 1st time ive heard " what a w****r " at 7.50??? in a tutorial??? anyhoo nice job.

also have u considered http://www.vimeo.com/ for uploading tutorials.. people can download them as well..and they allow full HD vids to be uploaded

cheers

16bit The only thing that puts me off using Rapidshare is they make the users wait ages before allowing you to download the file. But thanks for reminding me of them

doubleL93 Thank you for your kind words. So would you be interested in me continuing?

Hi androoow Im glad you liked it but your right I should redo the video as that was naughty. I might give vimeo a try.

I found a file sharing place that allows you up to 2 gigs of storage and it's free. The down side is that their download speed is restricted to about 36KB. If anyone wou like to check them out here is the link:- www.FileQube.com.

I have change the name of the first video and it is now on FileQube. I have also modified the first post to reflect the changes.
    Last edited by WindyBut_UK; 06-28-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyBut_UK View Post
    doubleL93 Thank you for your kind words. So would you be interested in me continuing?
    Sure, is good for you and is good for us xD

I think people can wait 30 seconds on rapidshare to download this stuff
    I'm not a n00b..... I am The n00b

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast