Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Great video's WindyBut_Uk I just have one question that hopefully you can help me out with. I have a character that I want to use for the tut but he is waaaaay bigger then the bones, and I saw in another tutorial that you can't scale your model unless you do it a certain way. But it's not clear how you can go about the scaling procedure, can you help me out with this? Or anyone for that matter

good thank

I am glad you liked the videos Julio_R. I am sorry but I do not know how rescale your model but there is one thing I have heard of but I have not tried it myself. That is to go into component mode and select all the vertices then you can rescale the model.

Like I said I have not tried that so if you do could you let me know how you get on would you.
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

I'll give it a shot, thanks for responding. Here is the exact quote from the tut "Do NOT SCALE objects!!!!! this is very very important! the UT3 engine will not recognize scaling of objects and will show them at their original size. if you do ANY scaling, make sure it is in the edit mode of the object, just select the whole thing and THEN scale."
    I'm not sure what the author means by "in the edit mode".

I think in "Edit mode" he means that you need to select the charactor in either vetex, edges or polygons. So attach all your parts of your model. That way they are one model but seperate elements. Once attached go and click on vertex in the modifiers panel. This would be were you would select your verts and modify the shape of the model. But instead of just selecting some of the verts select the whole model. While you have all the vertices selected simply do a scale on them until you have sized your model to fit UT3's rig.

I hope you see what I mean.
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234