Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    i did. whats your point?

It was hard to tell since you missed the point and what she said.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

no i did not. i heard exactly what she said. i'm just asking what you were getting at? thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by benmcl View Post
    sm0ntes please read what Ferrik said.
    What's the point?
    If tomorrow we find out that all the PS3s out there were exploding and killing thousands of people, he would still find a way to exonerate Sony and their "heavenly" PS3 and at the same time somehow blame MS.

She explained why it was a problem and you go back to the tired old argument of them being lazy.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

The developers are being lazy, Sony are being lazy, the SDK is difficult to develop for, there's different architectures... really, none of that matters at all. It all comes down to a simple thing, which has nothing to do with programming or development:

A consumer will not care WHY a product is bad, they will only see that it is bad, and not buy it. In this case, I have seen that the Ghostbusters game looks better on the XBox than the PS3. Thus, I would not spend money on getting the PS3 to play the game, I would get the 360.

Thus, it comes down to this: I end up buying the 360 and the game. The developer wins (I buy the game) and Microsoft wins (I buy the 360). Sony loses, because I did not buy a PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Hazdaz~ View Post
    What's the point?
    If tomorrow we find out that all the PS3s out there were exploding and killing thousands of people, he would still find a way to exonerate Sony and their "heavenly" PS3 and at the same time somehow blame MS.
    come on lets not get ridiculous. i'll just pretend i didnt read this.

Quote Originally Posted by benmcl View Post
    She explained why it was a problem and you go back to the tired old argument of them being lazy.
    how do we know that its not just like that in one dev company and different in another. i mean maybe someone should try developing a multiplatform game with the ps3 hardware and then porting it over to 360 and see how that works out. if its even possible. i just think that its funny how one company can get it right and another cant.

Quote Originally Posted by sm0ntes View Post
    how do we know that its not just like that in one dev company and different in another. i mean maybe someone should try developing a multiplatform game with the ps3 hardware and then porting it over to 360 and see how that works out. if its even possible. i just think that its funny how one company can get it right and another cant.
    the biggest problem here is the cell, getting the full power out of that processor is really hard, it's very powerfull piece but is not the best to get power out, it was made just for raw power output, is pretty much a graphics card with more instructions, if you spend a lot of time working on it you'll get much better results from it then you would on the xbox, but the problem is that you need a LOT more time and is just not worth it money wise, for an exclusive title is np as all the time investment is based on the ps3 so you can see what they were able to show on the ps3, the ps3 isnt a bad console is just badly engineered and too much enphasis was placed on selling it and making marketing claims over making it a usefull one.

from whats been described it sounds like its more of a pain in the ass then difficult to develop for multiplatform games.

they are one in the same...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast