Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @wforl: You are not negativ, but correct.

@Jacquesy: That is exactly what I am doing. Forcing myself to progress.

They do not expect me to deliver anything or take part in any job. What I applied for was just an internship. They told me I could participate and basically force experience and knowledge into my head, by working as a regular for as long as I can.

@LizKimber: I know exactly where my skillset is at. I can read, look up, code, and all around navigate my way though the information and the necessary development steps of programming.

However, what I lack is experience and programming competence. That's where wforl is absolutely right, I should have started earlier and continuely worked on something to show of.

But granted I am not even done with my education, and this is not a full time job that I will be dependant on, I am pretty positive about this and would wlecome concrete excersises and perhaps if someone could tell me the work routine I should adapt, in order to (2-3 years from now) I can have a very impressive showcase to display.

Thanks for the responses guys! I truly appreciate it.

PS: Is this an interesting topic or have I bored you to death?

Sincerely,

Mossa Nova
    Mossa "Nova" Merhi

OK, I got one for you.

Make me a particle generator. I want to be able to control;
    initial speed,
    initial speed variation %,
    drag,
    initial opacity,
    ending opacity,
    initial and ending colours, with variation %,
    wind direction,
    gravity?

I want to be able to control these variables with sliders and have realtime feedback on my slider updates.

Get this on my desk by Monday morning!

After that, I'll have some more exercises for you

To add to jacquesy, I want to be able to create and place emitters on the screen, switch between different emitters that I am currently using, boxes that I can drag out as fields, and I want a replacement for UE3. Okay, maybe not that last one, but I think the rest should be good enough.

Bleda-

What do you mean by boxes that you can use as fields?

This actually sounds like pretty good fun! Once I get my current project complete, think I might make an awesome particle system. See if I can't add in events and operators as well

I think I am gonna do what you guys are telling me, just slightly differnet.

What I need to do is make small projects that does demo things and add them to my own collaborative code base. That way I can put together any number of cool demos in no time.

FYI: This is no longer a topic about whether I can get a good showcase for this internship, but for the long run.

Sincerely,

Mossa Nova
    Mossa "Nova" Merhi

What i meant was, you should be able to drag out a box, and if the particle is with the bounds of that box, the box acts as an attractor or retractor. I guess that makes sense. Maybe not.

Bleda-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12