Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't use KOL. 1: still a lot of unneccesary crud. 2: Didn't make it myself.

I'd rather bark, miaw, moo and warble myself as I don't have place for a zoo in here. Even if that means a drop in sound quality. And then I can boast about having made the sounds myself . And why bark if all you need is a woof.

I'm using pascal as it is the only high level language that I like. I write more and more stuff in assembly, but I'm not ready to go over to pure assembly yet.

BTW, the subscriptions here doesn't seem to be working very well.
    Last edited by Mindcooler; 02-22-2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Signature:
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.

My subscriptions havent worked for a while, since my domain name server had a panic and I think a few mails would have bounced.

There is a lot to be said of using pure APIs and doing the work yourself, but, the cost is, you often have to reinvent wheels that are already made. So it can take a lot longer, and you may need to relearn lessons others already learnt so you shouldnt have to.

But, in the end, I guess the core thing is time spent making it vs, price you can charge for it.
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

That is a non-issue for me as a can't and won't charge anything for it.

And should I quit school because the courses I'm taking has already been taken by others?
    Signature:

Thats kinda not the same.. If you wish to go about engineering your own form of transport from the ground up without using the models already suggested and cheaply but reasonably produced, that would be a better analogy.

If you arent making money from it, it would seem you're going about making your own life more complicated unnecessarily.
    Delphi !ROCKS!

In my current project, there is not much that I've needed to "reinvent". Just a couple of string functions. And there are a lot of stuff you can't do (in D5) without diving into winAPI (Unicode support). And assembly for that matter (fpu instructions). So I'm not just doing this because I'm crazy.
    Signature:

Thats always good to hear - coz if you were reinventing too much you would go crazy
    Delphi !ROCKS!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123