Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by enhzflep View Post
    Besides, how big's your exe file Comic? Mine's 6kb....
    40 k, most of which comes because i use precompiled boost libraries. if i included the filesystem sources to the project i might be able to strip this down further but why would i? worrying about executable sizes makes sense in certain, rather rare cases. in a desktop environment i'd sacrifice executable size for the safety and comfort of a good library at any time

thanx for all the replys, and sorry about my late response.

I like working with some of the lower level stuff in c++. I find it to be somewhat of a challenge, and on top of that its very fun (to me) to find a way to make it work. John Carmack said that he prefers learning about new things or accomplishing those little things inside of the code vs finishing the whole project, which is what I enjoy most in programming. so, thanx for the suggestion of using boost, but I try to avoid it for that reason specifically

(I just wish the guys over at the Gamedev.net irc wouldn't put you on the stake for refusing to use boost lol)

thank you for all the help guys/gals, I'm sure doing this now will be a cake walk.

Quote Originally Posted by mastersmith98 View Post
    I like working with some of the lower level stuff in c++. I find it to be somewhat of a challenge, and on top of that its very fun (to me) to find a way to make it work. John Carmack said that he prefers learning about new things or accomplishing those little things inside of the code vs finishing the whole project, which is what I enjoy most in programming. so, thanx for the suggestion of using boost, but I try to avoid it for that reason specifically
    sure, that's perfectly fine. the one freedom you have as a hobbyist is that you do not need to worry about productivity. fiddling with the technicalities of a low-level approach can indeed provide lots of fun and it certainly won't make you a worse programmmer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12