Buzz' Web Design Bundle - GoLive Question

Hey Guys,

Im currently on the web design portion of this series and just a few videos away from the GoLive tutorials. Im following along with Photoshop CS4 and Dreamweaver CS4. Since the bundle didn't come with the free webspace, I'm left with Microsoft's IIS [inetpub folder] as a host server.

The question is Dreamweaver CS4 radically different from GoLive CS2 to the point I wont be able to follow along?
    Last edited by llonden; 11-26-2008 at 11:56 AM.

It's all the same world wide web. So I'd say no.

The real problems you encounter in web design are cross-browser compatibility and not with the design software itself.

There are a couple of points where it can be confusing, like a different set up. But you should still be good

Quote Originally Posted by llonden View Post
    The question is Dreamweaver CS4 radically different from GoLive CS2 to the point I wont be able to follow along?
    I wouldn't say 'radically', but it is different. How difficult it will be for you to follow the tutorials depends on your comfort level with Dreamweaver.
    In just two days, tomorrow will become yesterday.

Has dream weaver actually got to the point that it is even possible to create cross browser code yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by martinco View Post
    Has dream weaver actually got to the point that it is even possible to create cross browser code yet ?
    Have browsers actually got to the point that they even accept the same code yet without having to do hacks?
    - Rik

Dreamweaver is the devil!

How about this. Take an html page that has a form in it. Now take another page that has the exact same form (same inputs, input names etc), but with different formatting. Now paste the second form into the first html page. Dreamweaver decides to 'help' you by renaming all the form inputs so there are no duplicates; even though you were going to delete the unformatted form immediately.

Then you get angry emails from clients because the contact form is nolonger working, and confused emails from web designers after I blast them for renaming the form values (I had the git commit log showing the diff and everything).