I need an iPhone App Developer!!

So............I had a GREAT idea for a fairly simple app that would make my life a billion times easier. When I searched for one at the app store, I found that nobody has even taken a crack at making one. This, of course, gets me to thinking...there are probably many more people in my shoes that would also pay for an app like this.

My problem is threefold. First, I do not have the iPhone SDK, nor do I have the money to put up for it. Second, I don't have time to develop an app. Third, I don't have the programing experience to efficiently build this app. In fact...I really don't have any programming experience other than a Pascal class and a C class I took 6 years ago. SO! I need someone who has the SDK who can do the software development for me.

I would design the app from top to bottom, provide a detailed blueprint of the apps layout, etc. Of course I would guide you through development throughout the entire process. I can't imagine the app would be very complicated to make. Its essentially a database program geared toward a specific type of user.

Of course, I'd prefer not to announce the specific idea here to the world, but if you are interested, please send me a PM or just post here with any questions. I'm certain people would pay for this app, and we would have a complete monopoly since nobody has created one like this at all. Definite potential!
    -Mr. 3d

I don't have an iPhone, or the SDK, or a Mac to run the SDK on. However, I am intrigued. Can I be the clueless manager of the project who doesn't really do anything?

I dont have an iphone, but it does look like the iphone sdk is free. So, your basic coding lessons maybe enough to get you going..
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

Downloading the SDK is free, but to actually be able to run your code on the iPhone requires a developer key which costs US$100. Otherwise you can run it on an emulator.

Of course, you need a Mac to be able to use the SDK.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_charisma View Post
    Downloading the SDK is free, but to actually be able to run your code on the iPhone requires a developer key which costs US$100.
    To be totally honest. If the SDK only cost $100 and you cant afford it I highly doubt your really serous about fallowing through with this idea of yours. If you were truly serous you could convince a bank or someone to loan you the money to cover development and the SDK.

Maybe you didn't consider this option so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but that's how an individual would go about getting something like this done in your situation.

How were you planning on sharing the profits?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." ~Rich Cook

your could hire someone from elance.com or rentacoder.com

Ha ha! Okay...about the $100, you clearly aren't married. With Christmas pending, several birthdays, and a trip coming in two weeks, it just "isn't a priority right now". In any case, I apparently would have to purchase a Mac, which ups the price just a hair.

In all honesty, the cost isn't my biggest concern... It's the fact that I'm not a programmer.

Payment would be discussed in private, but it would certainly be fair.
    -Mr. 3d

if you could afford an iphone, $100 for something you think would sell well should be doable.

However buying a mac just for the project i can see as being a tad more unreasonable. even if you ebay'd and got one quite cheap, my macs the suckiest thing alive, I wouldnt want to guarentee it could run hello world. But as I dont posess an iphone, despite any emulators etc, id wanna see it on the real thing, and Im not stumping for a phone I dont need..
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"