How to get "Press any key to continue"

Hi,

I am going through the VTMs on C++ with great interest - they are just fantastic. But I can't get my code to automatically pause and keep the console window open with a "Press any key to continue" as in the tutorials. Instead, I have had to add code to declare an integer variable "zz" and then put in the line of code:

cin >> zz;

to force the program to wait for keyboard input.

I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Maybe it's an option in settings somewhere to have the console application pause on completion?????

Press CTRL+F5 instead of F5 to run the program.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." ~Rich Cook

I was surprised this wasnt in the thread of information - so Ive added it.. Sure, I could be more wordy, but hey, its a start.
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

You should add a note about F5 starting the debugger and CTRL+F5 not since you're adding it to the TOI.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." ~Rich Cook

Thank goodness for forums! I would have searched for a long time to find the answer. I knew it had to be something pretty simple that I just didn't know. Thanks a lot.