Client/Server app Please Help

Hi,
    I just started playing with delphi again after a break of some time (delphi 3was the last version i had) and I need a little help. The last program that I wrote was a remote admin application (trojan ) and i fancied having another go, not for malicious purposes just a learning exercise. Im using the Tsocket components which used to be straight forward connecting over the internet. Now I'm behind a router so my computer ip is 192.168.0.2. I Understand port forwarding, which could work if i could access the remote computers router setup which isnt very practacle. I believe the only alternative is a reverse connection but i dont understand how the server will find the ip of the client computer if the ip isn't fixed. I'm probably far to rusty to be attempting this and any help given will be gratefully received.

Thanks for your time
    Dave.

You can only do so if

a) the client has made a connection and so you now have something to connect to
    b) firewalls etc dont stop you
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

sorted

Thanks for your reply but I have found the solution. The server uploads my IP to a website and the client downloads the file and extracts the ip. seems to work pretty well. thanks again

Dave

better solution would be getting the server to connect to the client. so the client becomes a listen device where as the server attempts to connect once a min for example. you then can use no-ip accounts or a static ip.

Nothing will prevent a firewall blocking it, however, surely it woudl have made sense to have the communication between server and client 2 way. So the server sends back whatever it needed to.
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

M8 the bestway is.
    go to http://no-ip.com and go set an account.
    then you can creat "urchosenname".bounceme.net or w/e and you can then use the application an it will auto update the dns to redirect you you. then you can put in "joe.bounceme.net" as the host on the client socket and it will comnnect to it which in turn will go connect to you.