Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bridge Asset WIP

Hey guys.

Well, I've heard a lot of people saying they loved the VTMs on the assets, but haven't seen many (if any) renders. So I decided I'd add up some renders of each stage, leading to a final render in a full scene, hopefully. I plan to do the same with the elevator, too, just to show my progress and to keep me motivated

Here's the first set of screenies:

First ever render of video 2 I believe:

3 tiers! Woot. Getting better.

Things started to get interesting, despite my crappy valley...

With the help of VelariaKnight, I finally got my towers working properly (cheers man).

Which leads me to the current VTM, "Constructing Tower Braces". I'll post a render tonight, thanks for looking.

EDIT: For some reason, half the images aren't working! I'll get back to you.
    Edit 2: Should be fixed!
    Last edited by Khalhern; 07-22-2008 at 12:36 PM.

Ok, here we go. This is a poor render as I don't have much time, but the braces are complete and all working fine!

I chuckled a bit when Steve lost them and forgot to set the pivot... I did the same! Anyways, here it is, I'll return tomorrow with a better one and hopefully the starts to some cables or something

Uploaded the new image, and just replaced the old one. It's a bit far away from the camera to get a nice render, but it's the best way to get a feel for the overall bridge. Should finish the first cable video by tonight, but I don't know if they'll be a visual. Soon though!

Finally fixed whatever it was that was breaking mah jazziness, but here's a screeny of the WIP that is the cable system. Almost done with the cables, now, just one video! (well, before vertical cables, anyway).

Ok, here it is. The first version of bridge and cables The vertical cables will come next, but it's a good start.

Very well done mate. looking good. Perhaps can you change to colour swatch in the environment light to a light grey? That ambient white is washing out the image and I wanna see the intracy of it all.

Thanks Ragupasta! I really appreciate the encouragement

Is this any better? I have a really dark monitor, so it's sometimes hard for me to properly see the quality of my renders (that, and I suck at rendering still )

I toned the intensity down but made the grey lighter, and also toned down the area light that lights the bottom/sides of the bridge. Hope it's a little better, though I suspect it might be too dark now XD

Edit: Added a slightly lighter one. Which do you think is better?
    Last edited by Khalhern; 07-28-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Just added the cables - decided to go for a different angle on the render this time. It's a bit bright (even though the intensity hasn't changed, I'm guessing it's 'cause I am so close to the surface), but here we go.

Looking good there. From the previous 2 images, the top one (the darker one) looks better to me. Iirc the intensity slider on an environment light does pretty much bugger all, it relys on the backround colour swatch, white is blown out (1)---->black is no light at all (0).

Once you have gotten area's completed and happy and working correctly, I suggest you pop a few bevels here and there. If you get the procedural network working fine first, then adding bevels and little touches like that will not affect the procedural nature of the model.

Good job dude!!

Hey Ragupasta,

As always, thanks for the crits, I'll look into bevelling I'll post a bevelled shot soon.

Here's a wide shot

Ok, there is an error though. I'll post here first before going to SESI, just in case When I right click and go to "Create Digital Asset", I set up the screen that pops up to look identical to Steve's, then I click accept and get this error:

Any ideas what's going on? Thanks in advance, and cheers for the suggestion Ragupasta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast