Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    i dont really have time to check the articales because im going to work but

is a nav mesh made of a 2d plane (width ,height)or does it have a 3rd dimension(width ,height and depth)?

it seams pretty cool way to do instead of crappy waypoints
    PSN : VenticalLamma (no ps3 at the moment) | Xbox live : Dj Whip It Out | Steam ID : undead_killa

Sgt.Matt Baker: You really get to know a man if you get to watch him die, that moment right before he realizes its over, that moment his face reflects every decision he's ever made, what kind of life he led and if he regrets it

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Looking cool so far guitarfreak. Keep it up! Can't wait to see your nav mesh implemented AI with crossbows

Quote Originally Posted by meandisuck View Post
    is a nav mesh made of a 2d plane (width ,height)or does it have a 3rd dimension(width ,height and depth)?
    It's basically a series of 3D planes that allow for you to create spline interpolation paths on so your motion paths are as realistic as possible. You can place nodes or other informative meshes elsewhere and if your AI is programmed against them, you can make characters/vehicles/whatever react accordingly. Example: Cover locations, pickup locations. You can implement the extensions as nodes if it makes more sense, of course. Another nice thing is it helps prevent AI getting stuck on geometry you think it shouldn't get stuck on.

When you get a chance, check out the first article I linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by gu1tarfreak View Post
    Olson.dev: WOW, that first link helped me out ALOT! As soon as I can get these stupid AI to start using a crossbow, I'm going to start on navigation Meshes, they're pretty insane!
    Heh, glad to hear it. When can we expect the next video?
    Last edited by Olson.dev; 08-07-2008 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Replying to gu1tarfreak

ok i had time to read the articale pretty good stuff

thx olson.dev
    PSN : VenticalLamma (no ps3 at the moment) | Xbox live : Dj Whip It Out | Steam ID : undead_killa

Sgt.Matt Baker: You really get to know a man if you get to watch him die, that moment right before he realizes its over, that moment his face reflects every decision he's ever made, what kind of life he led and if he regrets it

(\__/)

Quote Originally Posted by Olson.dev View Post
    Heh, glad to hear it. When can we expect the next video?
    As soon as I get the player using the crossbow I'll put up a video. After that I'll give the AI one, and then I really need to make the editor capable of saving maps and I have NO idea how I'm going to do that

dude more power to ya! every post i get more excited. What are your future plans? Marketing it?
    check out my new start up!
    www.wolvesvslions.com

why not save it as xml or binary format ? http://nick.gravelyn.com/ has a viode oh how to read/write levels in xml format

btw i seen your new ai video nice to see some new stuff

keep off the good work!

(\__/)

New Video!

Here's my second AI video, just some waypoint and pathfinding stuff, it's pretty simple to figure out what's going on.

meandisuck: Thanks for the link! I can't go XML because the file sizes would be huge, I'm working on a very large map system, I'm going to push for 750,000 polygons just for the world. I'm looking at various data structures, I'm thinking about going with a resource pool

Sorry, no crossbow yet, but its coming!
    Last edited by gu1tarfreak; 08-09-2008 at 08:53 AM.

very cool, cant wait for crossbow.
    check out my new start up!
    www.wolvesvslions.com

i see well like i said keep up on the good work

(\__/)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast