Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    AH HAH!

I fixed my little problem by changing the way I multiplied certain matricies that created my world matrix, and it works now. All I have left to do is create the functions to make the AI move to a certain position when I want him there.

Does anyone know if they use pathfinding in this type of thing? or do they just set up paths like you do in Ued?

Cool, great to see you're making progress!

thanks, shadowM8. Just got the AI able to go wherever I tell him, now to make him follow a string of points, then DECISIONS!

After that I hope to get a level importer/exporter to work, but I don't think I should do that in xml(which would be the easiest way) anyone have any ideas about that? It would just be custom classes that have various properties in mass amounts that need to be exported to a single file.

I would have the editable level be something you can edit in a text file. Be it a XML file or ASCII. This way you have more control and make the possible future source control easier!

However, for the runtime the level files should probably be compiled into binary to faster execution.

that's an interesting method I hadn't thought about. Thanks ShadowM8! I'll probably write that in the near future, I'm going to be gone all next week, and then only 4 weeks until school! I might be able to get it written before next week. For now, I am going to make an AI path system.

I still dont get what kind of game are you trying to make but it is really nice to see all of your hard work

keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNando View Post
    I still dont get what kind of game are you trying to make but it is really nice to see all of your hard work

keep it up
    Well technically I'm still working on the engine, which will hopefully support FPS, RPG, and TPS game types. The game I hope to get started in the next few months is going to be a mix of an RPG and a TPS. Gears of War medieval style really.

I got my AI to move wherever I wanted it, and the next thing to finish is my AI Path system. Basically I have an AI Path which contains a list of AI Nodes that contain position information. The AI Path class has information on how the AI can find these nodes.

I am struggling on making the AI Node a child of the AI Path. Can anyone help me out on this?
    thx ahead of time,
    -Chris

Awsome i think its really cool i cant wait to see it
    My WIP's

It's spelled Disturebd for a reason

Are you sure about this?
    would not be better to program a GAME instead?

anyways good luck and keep posting

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNando View Post
    Are you sure about this?
    would not be better to program a GAME instead?

anyways good luck and keep posting
    I wish it worked that way!

So I've got AI paths working, going to make it a bit more visual and put up a video later. A few questions, though: If you were using an editor and making your AI, what tools would be most helpful?
    Another thing I've been trying to fix is drawing the animated mesh, I keep getting the base gray layer coming out of the character and interfering with the top layer mesh(I'll throw it in the video) has anyone else run into this?

thx ahead of time,
    -Chris

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast