Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: One big project

I don't know but everybody has some small part to do or did everybody had to do it on his own?

possible ideas.

+ Chat or Instant messenger program supporting multiple protocols.
    + FTP Client
    + Classroom/chat application - similar to point one but more focus on the teaching / classroom idea to fit in with 3dbuzz.
    + our own filemanager software. windows explorer replacement?

the thing that would get the ball rolling would be a leader to assign each person a task.

That's true.
    First thing would be.
    Decide what project to do and have everybody happy with that.
    The project must have some sense and help us improve our skill. So neither to easy nor to difficult.
    The instant messenger programm sounds great.
    Classroom/chat application - similar to point one but more focus on the teaching / classroom idea to fit in with 3dbuzz. How would that look like?

FTP Client I think is not such a good idea... it has been done so many times. I think we have to feal that it's something really new and usefull we do to stick to it (I might be wrong but that could help in the motivation part) .

Would the idea of creating a new programming language so some kind of a compiler possible in any way for us?

For the leader part I think that would be a good idea. I don't know if Liz would accept to participate in the project and would accept the position but if so, I think she would be the one that is best suited.

Streamline, the big problem with all those things is that things are really a 1 person app, the chat / IM one would be better but a) theres a torrent of them out there, b) you would need to get into things few people have realistially shown any enthisasm of which is how to work with code you dont know much about - eg interfaces which was where the rpg was a good plan but, Im certainly not up for that level of work right now, holding down 3 jobs is plenty.
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

What a shame, it would be really great if we could get this working. I understand that there were some failures in the past but I think this time it can work. We just need to be well organised.

I dont, theres only like 4 people here, and as VK pointed out, I did a poll explaining why and a bunch of people made a promise and couldnt be bothered, if someone else wants to run it, they can, but it wont be me this time sorry.
    Delphi !ROCKS!

And as a helper if we get into trouble, don't know how to do something and we need you?

Im holding down 3 jobs atm, time is exceedingly short. I wont make promises I cant keep.
    Delphi !ROCKS!

Ok no problem.

So who would be still really interested?

im interested. but like liz said we need a decent amount of people to work with and bounce idea off. its kinda pointless if just a few people run it and then it fizzles out.

how about some sort of tutorial application made to teach people more about delphi, and each lesson could be a plugin maybe which would allow you to add or take lessons away at will. we could use a webbrowser display to allow flash video/presentations aswell as text / pictures in html format

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast