Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Big Buck Bunney" a new animated blender movie

You probably arleady know this but I thought to post it anyways since some people here probably don't know that a new Blender animated movie was out yesterday(The DVD release) called "Big Buck Bunny". The "online release" will be out on may 30. The trailer is out and could be watched at the official site: http://peach.blender.org/index.php/trailer-page/ also can go there for more info about it OR you can watch it online(The trailer) at: http://www.vimeo.com/798022. Anything related to "Big Buck Bunny" like critics, Comments, or anything could be posted here.

PS: There also making apricot the game(http://apricot.blender.org/).

Looks cool, I'm more interested in the game though.

Ya I know the game is pretty interesting that there working on but to me there both interesting I don't really care what comes out first and I know big buck bunny DVD is arleady out but i am just saying.

Best part about getting the DVD is digging through the production files, without a doubt.
    Didn't get to preorder this one like I did elephant's dream, but I'll get my order in soon enough, trailer looks awesome, and from interviews sacha and others have done it should be good fun.

And I really can't WAIT for the game, especially this ogre integration I read about some time ago, sounds extremely interesting.
    "Give a man a fire,and he's warm for a night.
    But set fire to him,and he's warm for the rest of his life"

"Danger Mouse? Genius! MF DOOM? Genius! Adult Swim? Not genius. Lucky."
    - Mike Lazzo,senior VP in charge of Adult Swim.

I'm considering getting the DVD, too, if my budget will allow it.

dAfTiE, the Apricot project is using Crystal Space rather than OGRE.
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

Oh, I was sure I read in their blog a while back that they were working on OGRE integration with the BGE (or it might have been over at BA, I guess)
    "Give a man a fire,and he's warm for a night.
    But set fire to him,and he's warm for the rest of his life"

"Danger Mouse? Genius! MF DOOM? Genius! Adult Swim? Not genius. Lucky."
    - Mike Lazzo,senior VP in charge of Adult Swim.

Another great reason for buying the dvd is that they are apparently including alot of "Making of" movies along with the sources, but not silly hollywood ones, more sitting down with the people who did certain things and explaining what they did.

As soon as cash allows this will be on my list, though am looking forward to the web launch on the 30th

This doesn't have to do anything with the movie..But the game dvd you can also pre order it and you will get it right away when they do finish. The nice thing about buying the game(When its out that is) is it includes all there models, engine, programming(I think) is all in it. you can also edit the levels is what they said. Which is pretty neat if you buy Apricot the game.

my DVD arrived today!...excellent story/animation it's REALLY up thre with pixar and shrek for quality.

they'll release the video etc for download on may30/31
    steve g

www.cresshead.com

facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...87870&ref=name

intel quadcore/8 gig ram/vista64
    intel core2/2gig ram/vista32
    amd dual core H.P.tablet pc/2gig ram/vista32
    samsung netbook/1gig ram/xp

- e n d o f l i n e -

Update:

There are now places around the net where you can download this movie. This is legal, as it is open source, however, as the blender foundation wants their own release weekend on the 30th May, I am respecting their wishes and not posting a link here, and would ask that until it is officially released to the public no-one else does either. But this is to let you know that with a little bit of searching, it is available, and yes, it is awesome!

As soon as it is released officially I will post links here, have no fear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast