Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Microsoft Office 2007 conflicting with Maya

I've bought a new laptop and have treated myself to all new software. The only problem is that Microsoft Office 2007 is conflicting with Maya, so it starts then I get a window that says 'Maya application file has stopped working' A problem caused the program to stop working correctly...' which upon research has been found to be office 07 and to get Maya working properly I have uninstall office 07 - but I need office as well...

Does anyone out there have any ideas or fixes for this yet?

Thanx - d;-)

Laptop HP Pavilion dv9000
    Vista Home edition x32
    Office 2007
    Maya 2008
    Last edited by DebraUK; 02-26-2008 at 06:31 PM.

Interesting, this is the first time I've heard of such a conflict. I run Maya 2008 under Vista, and I have Office 2007 installed, and I've yet to encounter any such problems.

You might try reinstalling Office 2007 (and applying Service Pack 1), just to see if it works any better with one installed before the other (assuming you installed Maya after Office).

Also see if it works any better when run as administrator (right-click on the Maya shortcut and choose "Run as administrator").

Thumbs up Thank you

You're right, I did install office first... I'll give a re-install a try and let you know how it goes...

As I've been having problems getting Maya to work, when I did some research I came across this http://area.autodesk.com/index.php/f...ewthread/2668/ which seemed to make sense.

Thank you again - d;-)

BTW has anyone else come across the same problem?

I'm having the same problem as DebraUK.

If you uninstall Microsoft Office 2007, Maya 2008 will work. However, if you re-install Office 2007, Maya will have the same app crash msg.

I'm using Office 2007 Enterprise edition. I have no idea why the two will not work together. Maybe benwatt could tell me which version of office you're using?

I'm also using Vista Home Premium!

I'm using Office 2007 Professional Plus, under Vista Ultimate. The difference between my version of Office 2007 and yours is that you have Groove and OneNote as options for install.

It's possible that it's one or other of these that's actually conflicting, you could always try to remove individual products of Office 2007 to see if it starts working.

Might be worth right-clicking on the 'Computer' icon on your desktop, choosing 'Manage' and seeing if there's anything useful in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application.

I'm using office enterprise 2007 under Vista Home premium - really starting to be a pain now as I really need to get on with my Maya project and having to do it on my old laptop which is slowing everything down.... I just don't understand why it's being so difficult....

JustMike, sorry to hear you are having the same problem, but happy to hear it's not just me... d;-)

i had the same problem but maya worked perfectly until i tryed to make objects colide. as soon as i did it maya crashed. after uninstalling office 2007 and installing 2003 maya works perfectly.
    anyway maybe i'll try to install 2007 or maybe i'll wait until i'll apply the finished SP1 cause i only have the release candidate now...
    I'm not afraid of dying. I'm just afraid there are no cheesburgers in heaven...

I finally got my subscription iron out with Autodesk, and downloaded the Maya ext2.
    and trying to install it. However I'm getting this error, "Application failed to initialize click ok to end the program."

I have already updated my Direct X version...and I have already uninstall / reinstall the ext2 five times.

Is there any experts in windows can give me a hand on this??

spec;
    Windows xp sp1
    everything else is standard.

idfour
    Last edited by idfour; 03-21-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: statements not complete

Ok, so when I read that Office 07 Pro didn't clash I removed the two components of Enterprise that weren't in Pro, which are OneNote and Groove.

Maya worked for me then.

Since I require OneNote at school, I reinstalled that component and retried Maya. It still worked. The conflict between Office and Maya is Groove, at least as far as I can tell. I did uninstall then re-install windows entirely before hand so you might try that if the above doesn't work for you.

Anyway, hope this helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast