Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The new mastering Unreal Ed 3 Book

Hi can i pre order a copy?

I am currently reading the first one and i hope you guys are silent becose you are writing the new book......isit?

Check with amazon or other book resellers. They will not be sold in the Buzz store bacuse they aren't 3D Buzz books. They were written for Epic and is puvlished by Sam.

Jeff is the man on the newest book and Owen is helping out. The reason things seem silent, the sort of silence you get just before and giant mid Atantic storm is due to the guys working on little things like ADP, XNA, Houdini and god knoews what else.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

News flash folks. Remember when I reported the UnrealEd books coming out in April and May from Amazon. Well they now have listed for both coming out June 2.

Excuss me while I go kick some defensless small animals.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

Good God, I'll have racked up so many hours in UnrealEd by June 2nd that I'll practically be able to write my own book

Yeah, that really sucks. Once again, this is news to me. I have no flipping idea what is going on. We've had the first two books done for over six months now.

I'll see what I can find out. They should be editing those books... hell, they should already be done by now. uggg.

Thanks for posting the news Ben.

BuZZ

Quote Originally Posted by busbyj View Post
    Yeah, that really sucks. Once again, this is news to me. I have no flipping idea what is going on. We've had the first two books done for over six months now.

I'll see what I can find out. They should be editing those books... hell, they should already be done by now. uggg.

Thanks for posting the news Ben.

BuZZ
    wow that bites
    check out my new start up!
    www.wolvesvslions.com

In my opinion this is very bad. Being part of an established mod team we are looking at two options, Crysis and UT3.

Crysis is making things difficult due to the delay. UT3 for us has some advantages but so does Crysis for the type of mod we want but UT3 is different enough that good documentation would be a plus for it. These sort of things will make a difference. The big issue is that we are not the only team deciding which way to go.

It is starting to appear to some that the company that pisses us off the least will get our undivided attention.

Wake up Epic.

Edit: Has anyone come across information on the Sam Publishing site? I can't find any. Curious since Amazon.com has been known to screw release dates up.

Quote Originally Posted by benmcl View Post
    In my opinion this is very bad. Being part of an established mod team we are looking at two options, Crysis and UT3.

Crysis is making things difficult due to the delay. UT3 for us has some advantages but so does Crysis for the type of mod we want but UT3 is different enough that good documentation would be a plus for it. These sort of things will make a difference. The big issue is that we are not the only team deciding which way to go.

It is starting to appear to some that the company that pisses us off the least will get our undivided attention.

Wake up Epic.

Edit: Has anyone come across information on the Sam Publishing site? I can't find any. Curious since Amazon.com has been known to screw release dates up.
    Just a side note: it's not Epic... It's in Sam Publishing's hands. Epic signed the contracts with them in late 2007.

BuZZ

Ok thank you for the correction.

I graduate in June and was planning to have large quantities of Unreal 3 jammed into my brain for ease of employment. Lots of companies around Seattle use the Unreal 3 engine. So much for that idea.

::storms off to find a heavy blunt object and some more small, defenseless animals::

P.S. What are the chances of some more of those amazing VTMs like the ones we all know and love from Unreal 2004? Lord knows y'all are busy. Just wondering.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast