Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    What is it actually taking so long? If they are done then why would it take more than a month or two to publish them?

From what I gather the two books were actually still one big book when they got handed over to Sams, is that right? If so then wouldn't they have to just turn around and hire someone else who knows UnrealED well enough to be able to edit the books into two separate volumes?

Edit: If we wanted to contact someone and see what the holdup is who would we contact?
    Last edited by Diego1203; 03-10-2008 at 01:24 PM.

I can't remember the time lines other than it was submitted the day before the Buzz Tour but...

I believe Jeff did the majority of the splitting. Zak did a bunch of work brinking things up to date with any changes that have occured.

Amazon has nothing to do with publishing. Send your e-mails to Sam publishing.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

You guys are funny. Vaporware...someone better lose their job...are you serious? All the people who have seen the book(s) knows it is not vaporware. And no one ever promised these books to you on any specific date so there is no reason for anyone to lose their job. Sure it sucks they aren't in your hands already, but be rational.

Quote Originally Posted by benmcl View Post
    I believe Jeff did the majority of the splitting. Zak did a bunch of work brinking things up to date with any changes that have occured.
    Ahem...Jeff didn't do any work on that? I see how it is, Ben. Oh, I see.

any chance for an ebook? /wish

Quote Originally Posted by m3fs View Post
    any chance for an ebook? /wish
    Not from us, no.

Oh hi Jeff you still around? I thought they had you locked up writing....

Yes Jeff did some work. The little drawings done in crayon.

Actually I believe amazon.ca is still listing it as April May.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

amazon has just moved the date till aug 4th and 18th on both books,
    they are Available for Pre-order,
    just notice they updated,
    such a long time,
    http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Unre...5178932&sr=8-2
    http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Level...5178932&sr=8-3
    my online 3d portfolio http://www.chrismaddox3d.com/

Ok, here is the info that I have: (I'm a book retailer)

This is from my Book Distributor.

Advanced Level Design with Unreal Technology: Using Unreal Engine 3: W/DVD
    Contributor(s): Busby, Jason (Author), Parrish, Zak (Author)
    ISBN: 0672329921 EAN: 9780672329920
    Publisher: Sams
    US SRP: $ 59.99 US
    Binding: Hardcover

Pub Date: April 2008

Mastering Unreal 3 Technology: A Beginners Guide to Level Design in Unreal Engine 3: W/DVD
    Contributor(s): Busby, Jason (Author), Parrish, Zak (Author)
    ISBN: 0672329913 EAN: 9780672329913
    Publisher: Sams
    US SRP: $ 49.99 US
    Binding: Hardcover

Pub Date: May 2008

The info I get on books tends to be fairly accurate from my Distributor, so this tells me, next month we should see the first one. Sometimes there are delays from the Publisher, but not often.

Hope this helps! The books should not be far off from now.

I can't wait to get my hands on them as well.
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Thanks for the information Kuanbyr, I can't wait to get my hands on these books either... April and May!! So soon!
    10 PRINT "The cake is a lie"
    20 GOTO 10

Woot! Thanks Kuanbyr. I like how the advanced book is shipping before the beginner one.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast