Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    wow... this has got to be hell for epic huh?! Well I guess I got the news I came seeking, June it is fingers crossed. Thank You for jumping in here and addressing these questions Buzz and everyone contributing, what a breath of fresh air... seriously. Curious if it will be getting into Ageia PhysX?? or is that going to be handled by the Ageia people solely.

Hey Buzz, I got a few questions for you.

1. Can you explain the main differences between to books being released?

2. Did you ever consider teaching a one week training course on the unreal engine for people looking to level/game designers? Something that went over everything you'd need to know for like 8 hours a day for a week. I'd fly out for something like that. I'm sure there are plenty others that want to get into the industry as much as I do that would that would like to attend also. You could even give out a cerificate of completion...something to add to a resume

Amazon now lists the books as august 4th and 18th.

i hope i get them before my birthday....16AUG....catsNdogs

I'm guessing that they have no idea when the books are going to be available, they seem to be pushing the dates back at least once a month. They always seem to be five months away.

It always sucks, when they move the date. I once waited for a Half Life 2 Mod book, they moved the day by - 1 WHOLE YEAR! And now it is gone from Amazon completely, I guess it will never be released. :-(
    I personally do not mind the fact the UT book release date moved, as I would not be able to get it before that anyway (I have other projects started). But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the Amazon price of $32 (and $37 for the Advanced book). That's what they still charge for the old UT book....
    In just two days, tomorrow will become yesterday.

Let's just face it, it's vapor ware. Where are the tutorials that the community has come up with to deal with skinning and animating and script writing? Or is everyone thinking these books were going to deal with all of this?

Let's just face it, it's vapor ware.
    What product do you consider vapor ware?
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by cg-jedi View Post
    Let's just face it, it's vapor ware. Where are the tutorials that the community has come up with to deal with skinning and animating and script writing? Or is everyone thinking these books were going to deal with all of this?
    As someone who spent a year of his life typing until bits of bone were poking through the tips of his fingers, and someone who has the 1000 or so pages of Microsoft Word documents for the books on his HD right now, I can assure you that these books are not vaporware. How and when they get released is completely out of our hands. We were commissioned to do the writing. That's all.

Z

August now? FROTH with rage! FROTH, I say!

If they really do get released in August (not holding my breath at this point) they will be released very nearly a year after the books were completed. Someone better be losing their employment over this...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast