Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    June.... the time when young mens minds turn to.... MAPPING!

Well better late than never I quess.

My question would be, does Buzz make any money on copies sold? Even though I have spent countless hours on UT3, and like others, could almost write my own book. I will buy if it is going make buzz some money, otherwise maybe no.

I wonder, Buzz can we get a copy of the index? To see what the contents will be?

Thanks,
    Tranz
    Vini, Vidi, Vici...

Quote Originally Posted by busbyj View Post
    Just a side note: it's not Epic... It's in Sam Publishing's hands. Epic signed the contracts with them in late 2007.

BuZZ
    Dang it! Although I never actually produced a finished level (I'm a hobbyist), but I really enjoyed the last book. I learned so much about level design. I worked trough the 2004 VTMs for a few months, and I loved them. I've had many level designs kicking around in my head since I bought the game. I did buy the UT3 version w/ the VTMs, but haven't had time for them yet. I look forward to the day that I can have the books around as a more convenient and detailed reference (you can't put a post-it in a VTM).

In fairness, I haven't really had time to build anything, so I'm not being held up by this. However, I do feel for people like the other Seattle area guy who is looking for a leg-up for job hunting.

This is how it looks in the uk you can preorder now from amazon uk but finding the two books is not that easy so i'll just place info here for the uk contingent so as they can preorder if they want to
    Level Design with Unreal Technology: Using Unreal Engine 3 (Hardcover)
    by Jason Busby (Author), Zak Parrish (Author)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Price: £42.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
    availability: This title has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

Publisher: Sams; 1 edition (28 May 2008)
    Language English
    ISBN-10: 0672329921
    ISBN-13: 978-0672329920
    book 2

Mastering Unreal 3 Technology: A Beginner's Guide to Level Design in Unreal Engine 3 (Hardcover)
    by Jason Busby (Author), Zak Parrish (Author
    Price: £35.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

Availability: This title has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

Publisher: Sams; 1 edition (28 Jun 2008)
    Language English
    ISBN-10: 0672329913
    ISBN-13: 978-0672329913

Trust the publishers to mix the two books up just take a look at the release dates arse about face if you ask me .
    Well anyway thats how it looks from our side of the pond hope it clarifys .
    regards
    Spookmist

Sorry about my language guys I was just looking forward to having these books in my hands Q1 2008
    Ok members time to make some of those MS ut3 modding exclusive VTM's
    I want my 3dbuzz UT3 books now dudes I mean "the evil "publisher withholding book dudes.....

I just checked Amazon again and now it says June 16th for the first book and July 7th for the second.

This is getting pretty ridiculous, I hope those dates are just guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego1203 View Post
    I just checked Amazon again and now it says June 16th for the first book and July 7th for the second.

This is getting pretty ridiculous, I hope those dates are just guesses.
    You can never tell with Amazon. I received the game from them about 2 weeks before they said they would have it in stock.

2 weeks isn't really a bad margin for error.

Hey buzz, if the books are already done and up on the UDN. Is there any chance of making and online version available now that we can pay for. It's really gonna suck to have to wait so long. I'd gladly pay for access to that.

Quote Originally Posted by jingato View Post
    Hey buzz, if the books are already done and up on the UDN. Is there any chance of making and online version available now that we can pay for. It's really gonna suck to have to wait so long. I'd gladly pay for access to that.
    I so wish I could say yes. Unfortunately, Sam Publishing is not going to do it that way.

BuZZ

most programs have some kind of a built in help, a link to a Manual....someOnlineSomeOffline....where is this for Unreal3?. ( it takes me to a place with a searchHole where most common words like kismet arent recognised by the searchEngine ("No matches were found for 'kismet'").....Now, Idont mind readingPDFs....amI missing something?....most of the wiki system is for unreal2.......

whats going on here? are the people too greedy to share lousyPDF manuals?
    Last edited by sahak; 02-02-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast