Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If you get hosting with DH you can keep your domain with godaddy.com and just change the DNS to DH's

Code:
       ns1.dreamhost.com 66.33.206.206
       ns2.dreamhost.com 208.96.10.221
       ns3.dreamhost.com 66.33.216.216
    After that, "your-domain.com" will point to your DH service.
    Then after the end of your domain life, you can transfer it to DH and use up a 1 year register for free. (That is if you don't have a domain registered for life through godaddy.com...do they give you that option?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mincher View Post
    If, like me, you're just getting in to PHP and MySQL; I suggest picking up this book.
    Done

Amazon £5.75

my manchester / liverpool photography

Quote Originally Posted by styx- View Post
    I've dealt a little bit with godaddy.com

But never really used the hosting they provide. I just bought my domain names through them. With the domain name there comes some limited hosting stuff with adds. So currently I'm only using the free space for storage and their DNS sever (but that woun't last for long, plan to setup my own DNS server sometime during christmas).
    I'm using the standard package with most of my domains, no ads.

Quote Originally Posted by bechstien View Post
    I have yet to try godaddy.com
    I take it they are only serving dedicated servers?

Are you looking for dedicated hosting?
    The deals I was telling about are shared hosting...but I think you can sign up for the dedicated with the promo.

Here's the list of dedicated services DH has: https://dreamhost.com/dedicated-hosting.html
    They serve the whole range. I'm not using dedicated and I don't have to have dedicated, no. I'm just looking at something that has as much PHP enabled as I need. So, yes think I'll try dreamhost when I've got the spare notes.

If you get hosting with DH you can keep your domain with godaddy.com and just change the DNS to DH's

Code:
       ns1.dreamhost.com 66.33.206.206
       ns2.dreamhost.com 208.96.10.221
       ns3.dreamhost.com 66.33.216.216
    After that, "your-domain.com" will point to your DH service.
    Then after the end of your domain life, you can transfer it to DH and use up a 1 year register for free. (That is if you don't have a domain registered for life through godaddy.com...do they give you that option?)
    Ah yes, I believe this is quite easy to do within godaddy.com. I don't have anything registered for life, just 1 or 2 years. I don't know what you mean by 'for free'?

After your 1 year domain has ran out, you need to pay again for another year.
    DH has a "1 free domain registration" that you can use that to pay for another year on your domain.

After your 1 year domain has ran out, you need to pay again for another year.
    DH has a "1 free domain registration" that you can use that to pay for another year on your domain.
    Ah nice one bech save me a few dollars. Thanks for the tip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123